Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I see the USA model finally have the Euro spect Flapper Valve inside the ram air tubes like Euro 2011-2015 Gen 4 Kaws.

I want to remove it since I can not figure out any benifits of having a flapper close up as you go faster.

Can anyone think of a reason to leave it?

Once my exhaust comes in, I am installing block off plates and want to remove the flapper.

My usa model gen 4 never had a problem with no Flapper.

I saw a Gen 4 thread where they said leave the Valve connected to keep from getting an error code.

I wonder if the woolich flasher would get rid of that error code?

Anyone remove theres off the Gen 5?
or have plans to remove it?
Any benifit to keeping it on?

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/removal-flapper-valve-ram-air-252258.html

Attachments

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is gone from my gen5. Flash tune removed the engine codes so you don't get any errors. I can't think of one reason to leave it in. Get rid of it and don't think any more about it.

Good to know someone already removed it.

I wonder if the Woolich unit will get rid of the engine code. I would expect it would.

I can deal with noise if that is the only purpose of the flapper.
I had a 08 CBR 1000RR that had two flappers on the ram air. I removed them and no issues and the bike ran faster...well felt like it did.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can order the plug from the 2015 to cover the whole when you remove the flapper.
any info where or part number?

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Resistor size?

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
92066-0717 its like $6 from dealer
Thanks....
was about to order the part on Ron Ayers for $3.79 and the shipping is $8.20 wtf !!

anyone have a cheaper online dealer?

http://www.ronayers.com/

I wonder if the Woolich kit will eliminate the dash light if we remove all the servos and stuff. ????

Tony?

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
Just got done yesterday with all the smog related junk and the evap canister. added MWR air filter while I was in there. I attached a pic from the race manual of the other hoses I removed.

Attachments

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
Archer is there anyway of adjusting speed sensor reading for sprocket changes like a speedo-healer or is that something that might possibly be added??
All that stuff will be coming. As soon as we release the R1 auto blip, I am unsure where development is going. It could go to getting the Ducati stuff out, it could go to getting a few other models we've been working on out or it could be to getting all the ZX-10R stuff people have been requesting in.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts