Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried taking out the flapper valve in the mid-pipe? My 929 had the same sort of design with that useless HTEV bs and taking out the valve gave me more low end and didn't have a sudden surge of power when it opened. I saw a picture of the ZX's and thought the same thing. Sure would make sense with the motor really coming to life right at 4K.

Just a thought :wink:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
this the exhaust valve?? if thats what your talking about, if you search for "exhaust valve" Diablo did a DIY on how to make it not work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the search. Well I'm new to Kawasaki and coming from Honda I'm not used to technology that's actually beneficial to performance. My bad :lol:

Damn I got to get one of these things.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Yep, just unplug the cables at the servo under the seat and you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
a little throatier sound at idle

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You should hear my new GP exhaust. Talk about throaty. Damn I want to ride!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
met up with a fellow 10 owner tonight with a Akra slip on. He said he liked how mine sounded. He still had his valve working, hes now going home to do the mod. That slip on is really quiet.

·
Registered
202 Posts
But this flap keeps back pressure at low rpms and helps bike warm up right? Plus I heard it takes away from low end performance (off the line).

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Nope. Its only for noise restrictions.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I disabled mine and it definitely seems throatier at idle (a bit lumpy) I didn't think about the warming up thing but it may be a little slower warming up but not more than a minute. Also I think that it may seem a little different power but it's mostly in my mind. Also, I think that I hear the valve clinking when accelerating but it may be anything rattling on this buzzing machine

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Ooo. You're right. That slipped my mind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts