Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
COP MAGNET RED. Enjoy. My friend said the same thing when he bought his one and only Ducati several years ago. He regretted owning it and had many problems with it. Hope your experience will be different.

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
COP MAGNET RED. Enjoy. My friend said the same thing when he bought his one and only Ducati several years ago. He regretted owning it and had many problems with it. Hope your experience will be different.
i take my fast riding to the track...no cops there...except on other bikes :) . i like to think of it as 'holy shit this is drop dead gorgeous" red. this is my second duc and so far it's the best sportbike ive ever owned (and im old and have been riding since i was five...ive had a LOT of sportbikes). absurd amounts of power everywhere on the tach. butter smooth power delivery. handles lighter than my wifes cbr600rr. the electronics do their job without getting in the way. and one of the things that got me to take it for a test drive in the first place...its actually comfortable to ride around town. the 10r was comfortable, but i wasnt a fan of the inconsistent power delivery, the fact it was anemic everywhere on the tach unless you have it pinned and the fact that it steers like an aircraft carrier. my 2005 10R was soooo much more fun to ride. the previous panigales were monsters on the track but sucked around town. this thing...at least so far...is rock solid perfect. my only complaints with it thus far is its a ball baker and they put the side stand in a weird place that you have to sorta kick out with your heel. i havent had it long enough to fully break it in or take it to the track yet...but i cant wait.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I rode one when they first came out. Very smooth and good power, even in the base model. I didn't care for the earlier Panigale's, I hated the low rpm fueling and very uncomfortable (for sportbike standards) The V4 is a huge improvement.

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
I'd went Cross R1 before whatever anti-Nippon; yet, hope this works. I have no idea what problems you were having with the gen 5, but my guess, if you ride at all, trying to keep tires on the fat gen 5 bike.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
you still have to do major service every 7k miles? that is what kept me away from going with a duc this time around. I like the single sided swing arm and overall looks of the new V4 but the older 1199 I rode cooked my nuts big time and I ride exclusively so daily ball bake wasn't a good thought

·
Registered
55 Posts
you still have to do major service every 7k miles? that is what kept me away from going with a duc this time around. I like the single sided swing arm and overall looks of the new V4 but the older 1199 I rode cooked my nuts big time and I ride exclusively so daily ball bake wasn't a good thought
I'm sure you'll get a better answer but I know the valve inspection was moved way out since hte first panigale came out. I think at some point it's been 15k-ish and might even be higher now on the v4.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
No shit? I'm almost half bummed out then cause that was 90% the deciding factor for not going with a V4, had the cash to buy it but was looking at the long term, I rack up miles. had my SE since Tuesday and got it with 4 miles on the clock, it's Friday and I have 796 on it and haven't even started my day plus didn't ride at all yesterday since the 4th is one of the deadliest days for 2 wheels. Figured if it was every 7k the service would kill me in the long term. Oh well, the cash I saved allowed me to order every damn extra I could think of and left me room to get the alpinestars techair race setup. Yeah I'm gonna pretend I never learned it was longer between services so I don't start thinking bout selling this one. Thanks for cluing me in though, don't like spreading incorrect info. It never helps anyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts