Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 4 months of snow and having a broke zx10 I decided it was time to get her fixed. After two dead battery's I went ahead and replaced the voltage regulator/rectifier and threw a new battery in. Now I am charging at 14.5 and looking good. Before the new regulator I was only at 12v while the bike was on and eventually the battery just wouldn't work anymore.
Replacing the regulator was a bitch. First I spen't almost a hour just taking the two bolts off that hold the thing on. Then I couldn't get the electrical connection plugs off to save my life in the limited space I had. So I had to unbolt the whole subframe, exhaust, and tank so I could tilt everything up and get my hands in there. Now I have to put everything back togeather and that should be fun considering I don't know where half the bolts go.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Sounds like you will be havin fun make sure you post some pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Snake driver would have been ur friend! they make it look so easy in the manuel huh! i had a hell of a time with mine too but the snake took care of it quick!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only have 6500~ miles and its a 06 zx10r. I don't really know what happened to it. The bike ran fine then I joined the Air Force and was gone for 10 months in training. When I came back the battery wouldn't hold a charge and I just thought it was a bad battery. So I baught a new battery and still had problems. While the bike was running if I turned the high beams on, the low beam would go out. Then while running the bike one day the main 30amp fuse blew. I replaced the fuse and the bike wouldn't hold a charge anymore. So after doing some research and talking to a guy back home who has done some work on my bike in the past I decided that the next step was the regulator. Things seem fine now, but time will tell. If this doesn't fix it, I guess alternator is next. I just hope its fixed now because my wife is pissed that I am spending so much money on the bike.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick question guys. I was putting everything back togeather and I kinda lost a socket. I can't see it for the life of me, and I'm pretty sure it fill into the swingarm. Just behind the rear shock there is a circular opening in the swingarm. Am I SOL on getting the socket out? I don't really care it fell in there, I'm just not sure if it will cause me any problems. I don't really want to take the whole swingarm off just to get a socket. Any suggestions on what to do?????

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wont hurt anything. You could tray and snake one of those extendable magnet pen things in there and try to pull it out. Shitty place I know, no room without ganking the shock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts