·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link to the original Thread:
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77844

FIXED - IT!

So, I spent most of day thinking...

I knew it was too strange for this shit to happen.

I thought, why would my headlights just stop working...?

I sat on my bike while drinking a beer and turned on the key...then I saw it.

It wasn't just the Hi-Beam light that wasn't coming on...but my fuel light wasn't flashing like it should when you first turn the key on.

So, I started looking for a loose connection...under the seat - no. Under the pillion cowl - no...then I thought something else...I had my undertail kit put on at the stealership (part of the sale)...I thought, is it possible the tech accidently caused a loose connection somewhere?

I took of that plastic piece that separates the rider seat from the pillion cowl...and there lies the ECU? (<---I'm guessing). Anyway, looking at the 3 wiring harness plugs, I notice the middle one is half way off!

Here's a pic of the harness:

I snap it back in, fire up the bike, and holy shit! Everything works and is back to normal!

Then, I start to think again, how did this thing get halfway off!?

I think the tech did it on purpose! I mean, no major systems were disrupted...I could still ride the bike...just no headlights! I figure it was a shady ploy to get me back in for repairs...and just that would have probably been around $200 bones...after the tech had to "search" for the problem.

Mutha Fvckas!

So, all is well...and! I went ahead and installed my HIDs...holy crap! I went from warm piss colored headlights to "super nova" star light eye killers! I have the DDM 55W 6000K HIDs and they are AWESOME! You can't even look at them...they hurt your eyes!

So, in the end, thanks for your suggestions and help...but as it turns out, I win this time!

·
Registered
12 Posts
congrats on fixing your problem yourself. posible that tech purposly left connection loose but hopefully not as likely. HOPEFULLY after dishing out alot of money for one of their bikes, they would treat you with a little more respect but we all know this is not always the case.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
congrats on fixing your problem yourself. posible that tech purposly left connection loose but hopefully not as likely. HOPEFULLY after dishing out alot of money for one of their bikes, they would treat you with a little more respect but we all know this is not always the case.
Dude, you don't want me to go there...I bought 2 new bikes from this dealership! Plus ordered a bunck of goodies too through them...and after I picked up the bikes...I became a "stranger"!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Dude, you don't want me to go there...I bought 2 new bikes from this dealership! Plus ordered a bunck of goodies too through them...and after I picked up the bikes...I became a "stranger"!
Thats the way it goes most of the time sadly. I bought my 04 from a dealership that I had bought three new bikes from before, and sadyly the salemen was someone i conscidered a friend. The day after I got my used 04 home, i found a oil leak on it, and after several months of back and forth banter they refues to fix it, basically saying " I cuased the oil leak" in the less than 24 hor time I owned the bike. Left a real sour tast in my mouth to say the least.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Glad to hear ya fixed the issue, that's why I usually like working on my own rides so I know it's done right!

·
Registered
100 Posts
im not sure you even hafta be able to spell your own name to work at any of the dealerships around me .. i lost anything for the one that i did trust any at all when i put new fork seals in one of my bikes and they didnt know how much oil to put in them .. the guys in the back that do that kinda stuff for a living didnt know .. thats when i fullin confirmed in my head ok keep my stuff away from all these guys .. now all i use them for is to get parts i cant get anywhere else .. oh yeah and congrats on finding your problem and getting it took care of .. i asked about if the bike was running in the other thread because i did that when i put race body on my old bike and rigged up some lights .. i spent hours trying to get the lights to work .. rewired them twice before remembering hey stupid the lights dont come on with the key

1 - 6 of 6 Posts