Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of removing the secondary rod from my TBs. Some one has to of found a way to trick the ecu that the actuator and tps are still there. So what is it? I would appreciate any and all help.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have before without a response......I will try again tho. Anyone else got one? For my '08 by the way.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Just curious to what the real benefit of removing the rod? If the response is weight savings, how much could that rod possibly weigh? 2 ounces perhaps? Just wondering since a few people here has been trying to eliminate the rod, so no disrespect with the question.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Just curious to what the real benefit of removing the rod? If the response is weight savings, how much could that rod possibly weigh? 2 ounces perhaps? Just wondering since a few people here has been trying to eliminate the rod, so no disrespect with the question.
its not for the weight, its for the air flow obstruction that the rod creates. the 2' tps would need something similar to "servo eliminator" to trick it

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rod its self doesn't weigh much of anything but the actuator has a bit to it. However my main reason for removing the rod is to make the intake track as free flowing as possible. I figure while I have everything completely apart for winter build I would like to make all the "little bits" as efficient as I can get it.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Now is the actuator in the middle? I''ll assume so, so could you just cut the rods at the points I outlined so you get the free effect and still have the uncut rod still hooked up so that it would not throw off the FI light?

Or does it work differently?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You cant because the rod is what connects the actuator to the tps on the side of the TBs.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
^ I've got an 08 TB thats been modified already that I can hook you up with for a decent price if you want it. I spent several hours on mine doing it right. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I got a thread with pics on here somewhere. I personally don't know of a fix for the FI light.

There is a definate weight savings and my bike responded well. I took it off my bike and put a stock TB in its place. My 10 is just gonna do street riding for now. May sell it for a 2011 in the spring.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ I've got an 08 TB thats been modified already that I can hook you up with for a decent price if you want it. I spent several hours on mine doing it right. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I got a thread with pics on here somewhere. I personally don't know of a fix for the FI light.

There is a definate weight savings and my bike responded well. I took it off my bike and put a stock TB in its place. My 10 is just gonna do street riding for now. May sell it for a 2011 in the spring.:dontknow:
Thanks for the offer but I already have mine all torn down. I actually got the idea from your thread you did on it, so thanks for the good pics. Its looking like it might just be covering up the FI light, at least that way I can also ditch the exhaust servo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts