Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I drove to the uhaul store to rent a trailer to bring my bike home for the season to my parents garage I was cut off in traffic. With the colder temperatures the bike just didn't have the grip and I low sided. I was wearing gear but my jacket rode up and I got a bit of rash. Slid around 40-45. Bike isn't too bad but what looks like me to be the coolant overflow tank cracked along with some minor fairing scratching and a scrape on the little cover near the shifter. Hopefully will not be too expensive.

Mike

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
sorry to hear that. gotta watch out for cagers. you are lucky it was a lowside and that you didn't hurt yourself.

good luck getting it on the road

·
Registered
229 Posts
Dude that sucks...but like at the positive.of the situation ..new parts..shop right and the will be cash left over!!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
got extra fairings if you need (stock for cheap)

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
good to hear that your ok, it happens to the best of us

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Everybody goes down, but be thankful you were able to walk away, best of luck on the repairs

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
hope your ego is heals up fast...and there are plenty of members here on the forum willing to help you out!

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
So as I drove to the uhaul store to rent a trailer to bring my bike home for the season to my parents garage I was cut off in traffic. With the colder temperatures the bike just didn't have the grip and I low sided. I was wearing gear but my jacket rode up and I got a bit of rash. Slid around 40-45. Bike isn't too bad but what looks like me to be the coolant overflow tank cracked along with some minor fairing scratching and a scrape on the little cover near the shifter. Hopefully will not be too expensive.

Mike
Glad you are okay bro...Bike can be fixed!

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Yeah you gotta be careful of drivers and your speed in busy areas. I almost ride paranoid but then again you never know what can happen.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't believe there is anybody here on the forum who didn't experience the same at one point or another in their riding carrier. At least you are OK and only some "minor" rash, the bike can be fixed, but that ego takes a bit longer to heal:thumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Glad to hear you're o.k.--- You popped your cherry, walked away, minimal damage to the bike, you're gonna be just fine tater.:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the support wasn't expecting it. My ego will definitely heal haha I figure it could have definitely ended a lot worse since if i had fallen off in any other direction other then what i did i would have slid into parked cars or oncoming traffic. I figure i need to replace my overflow tank for coolant, the left side fairing has a tiny crack in the top corner. also the pegs for the shifter got ground down as well. Overall it really could have been a lot worse. I plan on doing all the work myself assuming the fairing replacement isn't too overly complicated.

Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
402 Posts
Glad your ok!

I went down softly in May because of some gravel on a corner. Like 5 kph after I stopped. It was a school a zone. I got up, walked to my bike, then was hit twice, and parked on by a truck with a lift kit. When I yelled at him to get off he reversed and spun all the broken bones in my body.

If you go down - get off the road as fast as you can!

Needless to say Iron Man 'aint got nothing on my titanium skeletal system.

*I'm not stealing your thunder :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts