Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im doing my first trackday tomorrow at ButtonWillow. Super excited and nervous. Any tips from you track-goers?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Do not try to "race" anybody, unless you have sponsors waiting for you at the pits. Just have a good time, work on being smooth and holding the race line. Work on fine tuning body position another day. Getting faster will happen all by itself. Good luck, stay safe, and welcome to the addiction.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Have fun. Listen to the instructors. They've been there before.
good advice.....ID SAY ENJOY IT AND RIDE WITHIN YOUR LIMITS!!!!

the most important thing besides having fun is to learn as much as you can!!!!

make sure to post some pics and please please please post an review afterwords of how it went and what you learned and your total experience

Good Luck and have fun!

5-F

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Time is not important, focus on your lines and body position. Listen to your instructors, trust me, no matter how fast you are on the street, there are tons of people faster at the track. Do not concern yourself with them, just ride to have fun and improve yourself. Drink lots of water, and if your legs don't hurt like hell for the next week, your body position needs work.

HAVE A BLAST man!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
You got to pin it to win it and if you can't do that then bin it!

NO NO just have fun!

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Im doing my first trackday tomorrow at ButtonWillow. Super excited and nervous. Any tips from you track-goers?
ya your an ass, i'll be washing my coveralls tomorrow so i can stay warm :spit:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Listen and learn, watch people, learn lines, and don't go balls to the wall 5 laps out...LET YOUR TIRES HEAT UP IF YOU DON'T HAVE WARMERS. Seen one to many people go flying out on the track only to dump it in there first corner...Either way just have fun and you will see...Big thing to work on is body position and being smooth while going around the track. I think thats the biggest thing to work on, or being comfortable in the sense...HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK, TAKE PICTURES

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
my first track day I didnt even get out of 3rd half the day I was so nervous and in awe

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Make sure you have proper tire pressure. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Also don't ride above 80% of what you can do otherwise you won't learn nearly as much. One tip I've heard of is try to use no brakes. This doesn't mean from a 300kph straight. Also if you can, walk a lap to get a better understanding and really learn the track and pick reference points. Have fun and be safe.

·
5,932 Posts
^^^Never heard of the no brake rule, now not using the rear yes I have seen,done and do...I doubt he will be doing anything close to that nor trail breaking on his first track day lol

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I saw it on an episode of superbike school or at least that's what I think it's called. I believe it's done to give you less to worry about so you can focus more on body position.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm so glad I didn't drop $375 on the racing school today. It's freakin' snowing!:sad:

Have fun!:eek:ccasion1

·
5,932 Posts
^^^^^^FUNNY LOL....My friend told me it was snowing up in north carolina or something a couple hours back...So crazy and snow this early, going to be a long winter up north....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts