Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i just got back from my first track day, and let me tell ya iam addicted it was so much fun, the guys there were soooooooo helpful and super friendly, am very much looking forward to going down there on a regular basis!

I will say i think i did very well except for the fact that my shinko or should i say shitko tires were terrible but i made it out safely and am buying a set of 2ct's right now!

I was def. a lil shaky for the first few laps but after a bit of talking with the other riders and pointing out what my weakness were(looking ahead, and loose on the bars) i feel i really started to make progress, i had a few of the experienced riders follow me and they said my lines were great, i just need new tires cause you can see the bike was really slippery so it took alot of throttle control on my side so i didn't high-side! Thanks again to mike,rex, amis, dave, zach, and i know missing a few but thanks to all or you! and vids are on the way!

Here are a few pics sorry they are kinda small my gf isnt the best photographer lol

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a few more pics

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
yea that is a strange looking track, looks like fun though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
what kind of track is that ?? were is it ? what is the name
:+1: Thats kinda weird that they let you ride with headlights untaped and mirrors on. Thanks for sharing though!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
:iamwithst yeah I second that!!! I'm glad you had fun but where the hell is that? I dont know of any track that would allow you to run with out things being taped off ect. Did they even have a ambulance or anything?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yea that road surface looks like murder on tires, particularly crappy ones. A true goat path! Still, better goat track than no track.

I start to like those third gens the more and more I see them. Especially at speed, that bike looks great!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Its funny you say that about the 3rd gen, cause it had to grow on me when I picked her out, but today was one of the first times I said screw it I'm going to hit up a local meet up spot on sundays for sportbikes. Hard to explain but beline and shell gas station on sunday mornings where I live is full of bikes!! Well I roll up and there are about 30 bikes ect., well I parked in between to 1098's no joke lol, I was talking to everyone and walked away from my bike, well first off I was the only 3rd gen zx10r and there were a couple other 05-07 10's sitting out there too. To keep the story short I come back to my bike after a couple minutes of walking around and I have about 10-12 people around my bike not the ducati's that I'm sitting in between, I had so many questions I got a freaking headace haha..Just makes me happy that people know when they see a sick bike!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks like fun, track does look a bit sketchy safety wise though.

Pffffft! whatever, barbed wire fences and small shrubs are new standard safety barriers. DMG just mandated it this weekend...didn't you guys hear?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
How much $ did they charge there for the day? Just curious.

Haven't seen a track like that before, but I'd ride it. WFO

·
Registered
777 Posts
I hope there was at least an ambulance on site!

Looks good, and I'm sure you've already been told but 1) close your visor 2) get your ass off the seat and 3) you're too upright.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
thats gotta be someones private track on some backwoods property......i would love to ride that track for sure.....bring a box of band aids you sallys hahahhhaahha

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Ok :eyecrazy:

1. I can't believe you went to a track with Shinko's.....:eyecrazy: I'm glad you made it back all in one piece. :thumbsup:

2. I got to say also, that track looks dangerous.

3. I heard rumors of a track, that was open to the public up North??????? :dontknow: If that is true, I sooo hate you right now

1 - 20 of 49 Posts