Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grind: finally and loved it....several passes but couldnt get a clean one, i always had such a trouble getting my damn feet on the pegs!!!! but still had a blast

averaged mid 1.7's 60'
between 6.6-6.8 330'
averaged 10.2-10.4 et
averaged 139 mph with a best of 144mph

05 zx10, 6" stretched, 2" lowered, -1 front sprocket, egr/secondaries/exhaust baffle all removed, air tube centers cut out, k&n filter, pc3, muzzy slip on, dyno tune 161whp

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea if i could have got my freaking feet on the pegs i coulda got a 9 second run for sure. every run i never could get em on, hell i ran with my rt foot holding up the peg for most of em lol, it was funny to watch

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
yea if i could have got my freaking feet on the pegs i coulda got a 9 second run for sure. every run i never could get em on, hell i ran with my rt foot holding up the peg for most of em lol, it was funny to watch
I had that problem until I cut my seat and later got a step seat. My issue was that on launch my scrawny ass would slide back in the seat. Then I would have to fight to pull myself back up and try to raise feet at the same time... no bueno. Anyway, I bought a used seat off here and cut it into a wedge and that helped a lot

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
If your problem is the seat... PM me, I still have the one that I cut sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
9's should be no problem with you mods. i would throw some more gear on the back so it will get you movin alot sooner. your a big guy so the gear will help.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im gonna put some gell or something on the seat to hold my ass there instead of sliding back so i can actually launch the bike to its potential without getting thrown to the back....im trying to find a +1 for the rear

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
im gonna put some gell or something on the seat to hold my ass there instead of sliding back so i can actually launch the bike to its potential without getting thrown to the back....im trying to find a +1 for the rear
you need more than +1 more like +4 or 5 man.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i still do alot of street riding so i dont want to cruise at such a high rpm on the street. id like to do +2 but think that may be to much also, im buying a seat today and should be here by friday so ill probably go back friday weather permitting and give it another go

·
Registered
173 Posts
I used to run around -2 in the front and cruise RPM's werent terrible. So i'd imagine -1, +2 or +3 would be ok. You running at Orlando Speedworld? If so, i'll see you out there Friday as long as the weather is nice. :helmet:

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
i still do alot of street riding so i dont want to cruise at such a high rpm on the street. id like to do +2 but think that may be to much also, im buying a seat today and should be here by friday so ill probably go back friday weather permitting and give it another go
I rode -1 front on the street for a while. It's cheaper than a rear sprocket too. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
246 Posts
I run -1 in the front and +2 in the rear and it feels like the best all around gear setup to me. I ride a lot of street, maybe 95% street and 5% track. The rpms didn't change to radically and it cruises at a low rpm at 60 mph still. I would say if you are going to spend the money, go with the +2 in the rear. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea im gonna bite the bullet and just go +2 in rear...if anyone with a gen 3 has a stock rear sprocket i would like to buy please

·
Registered
286 Posts
:grind: finally and loved it....several passes but couldnt get a clean one, i always had such a trouble getting my damn feet on the pegs!!!! but still had a blast

averaged mid 1.7's 60'
between 6.6-6.8 330'
averaged 10.2-10.4 et
averaged 139 mph with a best of 144mph

05 zx10, 6" stretched, 2" lowered, -1 front sprocket, egr/secondaries/exhaust baffle all removed, air tube centers cut out, k&n filter, pc3, muzzy slip on, dyno tune 161whp

Nice! :thumbsup:Good to meet you this week. I was so wrapped up with getting the Buell down the track that I didn't get to see any of your passes. Weather permitting I will be there again to try and pick up where I left off. We are ditching that crap valve on the clutch and are going to see if I can't improve on this weeks times. I had my hands full this week for sure.

See you at the track,

Dean

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice! :thumbsup:Good to meet you this week. I was so wrapped up with getting the Buell down the track that I didn't get to see any of your passes. Weather permitting I will be there again to try and pick up where I left off. We are ditching that crap valve on the clutch and are going to see if I can't improve on this weeks times. I had my hands full this week for sure.

See you at the track,

Dean
yea man absolutly it was a pleasure meet you and ya dad as well, again thanks a bunch for lending my buddy the gear. Thats good it seems like she has the power to roll if that clutch woulda worked for ya. I am gonna go +1 in the rear so hoping for a little better times. Im always interested on input for sure so if ya get a chance take a peek at some runs this week and lemme know. im sure i will see ya there, as of right now i sure will be there, 9 second pass or bust :badteeth:

see ya there,

corey

·
Registered
286 Posts
yea man absolutly it was a pleasure meet you and ya dad as well, again thanks a bunch for lending my buddy the gear. Thats good it seems like she has the power to roll if that clutch woulda worked for ya. I am gonna go +1 in the rear so hoping for a little better times. Im always interested on input for sure so if ya get a chance take a peek at some runs this week and lemme know. im sure i will see ya there, as of right now i sure will be there, 9 second pass or bust :badteeth:

see ya there,

corey
For sure! Hopefully we both roll across the stripe with 9 second passes on the board this coming Friday.

Dean

1 - 20 of 22 Posts