Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Bird dog finaly got me to the track today, not that I didn't want to go, but I must admit I was worried that I wouldn't be as good as I felt I was on the street. Not that I would be slow, but fast and slow is all relative to the guy stuffing you on the inside of the corner. :lol:

Nothing farther from the truth, I found out. Took the level 2/Intermediate, after Bdog informed me that level 1 would not be to my liking. first session out I was passing everyone I could see and thinking "Maybe their tire's aren't warmed up yet.". second session I had the instructor follow me and then followed him for a few laps, and he helped me hit a few entry points that I was missing. But after the session I talked to him and the first words out of his mouth were "You need to be in level 3 race school." :spit:

Over all it was a great day and for the level 2 group there was only one guy faster then me, and man was he smooooooooth........... :cool: other then that the 05 held up great and the corsa III's were like glue. If you can't already tell I am super stoked to have done as well as I did, now its off to work on body positioning and start setting aside funds for next seasons beginner CMRA race season. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Today did kick tons of ass! It was my 3rd track day and my first try in level 2. Goldfish has always been faster than me, with many years more experience, but today he was smoking fast. I tried to keep up with him long enough to get some video of him, but he was gone in 3 turns...

I was no where near the slowest rider of the group, in fact I was only passed by goldfish and one other guy on a GSXR 1k on a long straight (I was on my 6). Last time I went out I got the bike cam filming me from the instructor, but I felt like it was a waste of money since I was held up by the slower riders in L1 so I got a tank mount and took my own camera today. Man, I tell ya, I can REALLY see all the places I was riding like a little girl now that I am sitting at home watching it. My braking points are all wrong, and a few turns I did not square off enough to get a good drive out of them. Other than that, I felt like I had good body position all day.

The stupid bike broke down again though, costing me two sessions... damn electrical gremlins...

Anyways, while I was broke down I got a few pics of Goldfish coming out of the last turn and down the front stretch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Good thread! Now, Goldfish , the only thing I noticed is you need to get off the bike more. It will enable you to have more corner speed and exit speed. I had the same problem. When you do, you will feel the difference. Get a GoPro cam, so we can see you tear it up out there.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I knew I wasn't getting down over the tank enough, so going to work on that before the next track day. :wink:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Good thread! Now, Goldfish , the only thing I noticed is you need to get off the bike more. It will enable you to have more corner speed and exit speed. I had the same problem. When you do, you will feel the difference. Get a GoPro cam, so we can see you tear it up out there.:eek:ccasion1
Yeah, he actually had my camera mounted to his tank for that session as I was not able to ride, but I guess he never hit the record button all the way so it did not get it.

Keeping his head down was the only other advice the instructor offered him as well aside from go to level 3...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.