Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have my first track day at Mid-Ohio on the 22nd of June! I just wanted to know what you guys suggest for preparation. I live about 5 minutes from the track during the summer so I won't have a camper or anything. Also don't have tire warmers, are they necessary for a good track day? I'd hate to get there and forget something that ruins the whole day. Thanks!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
Forget the tire warmers. For the first track day you don't need to be worrying about that or have a distraction. Take the first lap or 2 easy each session and you'll be fine. Just concentrate on your riding.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
:+1: to everything SkyDork posted. Have a great time. Its incredibly fun and please let us all know how it went.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Bring lots of water and shade. Also I'd buy an undersuit if you don't have one. Make sure everything on the bike is done before you get to the track. Don't forget your key to the bike.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Check tire pressures and have your suspension tune, then it all heart pounding rush!!:grin2:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I wouldn't worry about Suspension just yet, I mean you need time on the track to see what the bike does/feel like in the corners. I really doubt you'll NEED your suspension set-up to have a good track day.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
I was going to do like 29psi front 31psi back with no warmers. Is that too low?
Im not sure what tires you are running but I would start at 32 front, 30 rear cold. That may change depending on how much heat you put into them working them. You probably wont have to worry about pressures a ton on your first track day though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That sucks you wrecked.
Hope you get out again soon.
I had my first track day yesterday too, HERE

Here's one pic from mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet pic I always wondered how people got the trackday pics from the photographers, did you give him your email at the track?

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Wrecked the first lap but wow I can't wait to go back haha
Been there, done that..lol.. I did the same thing on my first track day back in 06.. Glad you're okay and in good trackday sprit. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I emailed them explaining my situation and they gave me a 100 dollar credit towards my next track day! Ordered a new handlebar and getting a new rearset peg if i can find one online and will be ready to hit the track again soon. Now how should I get these rocks out of my exhaust? lol

·
Registered
945 Posts
Glad your ok. It really sucks you wrecked on the 1st lap you`ll get it next time, Glad your up for another try. Use a torch to get them rocks out.. :badteeth:

·
Registered
417 Posts
What!?!?! You crashed the first lap on your first track day!?!? How is that even possible?
Out here they do sighting laps where you follow instructors for the first session especially if its your first day..
I'm surprised that happened too..

Sorry to hear that OP! But you will get it next time..
You are incredibly lucky to live only 5 minutes from a race track.
That would be awesome lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts