Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...tired and sore... Can't wait to do it again!! I've got a lonnnnnnng way to go. Skeered to carry speed approaching the corners. Hill says I'm lazy (don't move on the bike), I reply I'm a fat fuggar, wud you expect?!?! The (cough, cough) 01 Honda F4i seams to have been the perfect choice for me. More than enough speed for my skill (or lack there of) and never once did anything to sap any of my already short supply of coffidence. The so called "school" provided was a total waste of time. I was never a class room kinda guy. I need one on one critiquing. I got more bennifit from Hill following me a few laps and giving some feedback (THNX) than all the so called "class sessions" combined. They were total waste of time.

...ohhhh.. and if ya'll eva got the feeling that somethig just wasn't quite right with Hill... It's confirmed now. He hangs out with Gixxer guys!! Yup, it's true! tisk.. tisk.. LOL Everyone was great. had a blast!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I'm glad you finally did it, nothing on the street can compare to the track. I agree those class sessions don't accomplish much but all the instructors are very helpfull and more than willing to answer any questions.

The good news is that your track days will only get better now that you know what to expect. Welcome to your new habit. :thumbsup:

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
Glad ya enjoyed Miykl:ayyy:hopefully I'll have some overtime on at work so I can afford some track days! either that or set a roadblock up at either end of the coast road:idea:

·
Registered
240 Posts
:rolleyes: what do you mean Miykl. when you said the class or school it's a waste of time. I want to know cause I wanted to take track /class with fastrack.
did you took it with this guys or with who.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
miykl said:
I got more bennifit from Hill following me a few laps and giving some feedback (THNX) than all the so called "class sessions" combined. They were total waste of time.
ya mean he was able to keep up with you :dontknow: :mrgreen:
miykl said:
...ohhhh.. and if ya'll eva got the feeling that somethig just wasn't quite right with Hill... It's confirmed now.
I never doubted it for a minute!!

Glad you had a great time, im hoping to get out there soon for a track day, maybe all us can meet up

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ela89gixxer said:
:rolleyes: what do you mean Miykl. when you said the class or school it's a waste of time. I want to know cause I wanted to take track /class with fastrack.
did you took it with this guys or with who.
waiste of time for me at Ridesmart's level 1. A lot of good information was given. It's just all stuff I had already read or knew. I think if I would have cornered one of the instructors to follow me and give some feedback they would have. My main problems are slowing too soon and proper body position. I've been told that Ty Howard's school (level 3) is pretty good. I may do one more track day (level2) just to build my confidence (and corner entry speed) up then take his school. I need to practice getting the balls of my feet on the pegs. It just feels very unnatural to me and makes me feel out of control. The other thing was I thought I was moving around on the bike, but from the video Hill showed me, I was only moving a couple of inches on the seat if any at all.

oh, and about Fasttrack, ask people who have riden with them. Everyone told me to go Level 2 with Ridesmart, but I was hard headed and felt I needed to take the beginners school.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
ya mean he was able to keep up with you :dontknow: :mrgreen:
...this is gonna hurt.... gulp..... Ya, Hill's pretty damn quick out there. I'm no where near his level....

...I gotta go puke now...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If you ever get to the west coast you should try the REDSHIFT school they teach Group C in the classroom and on the track, Group B you sign up for the instructor and you follow him and then he follows you. He then shows you your week points and helps you build on them all in the same session and no you don't get of the bikes until the session is over. I am looking forward to doing another trackday with them. Its good that you had a fun time.:beer:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
miykl said:
...ohhhh.. and if ya'll eva got the feeling that somethig just wasn't quite right with Hill... It's confirmed now. He hangs out with Gixxer guys!! Yup, it's true! tisk.. tisk.. LOL Everyone was great. had a blast!
I knew it!!!!!!!:crackup: thanks miykl...lol

sounds like you guys had a great time :thumbsup:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
teebo7 said:
Hill fast?? noway!! j/k Hill, where's the video????
+1 Glad you got out there Miykl. Your confidence will continue to grow and you'll get much faster I am sure. Just quit trying to follow Hill. He's a little on the slow side in more ways than one....:thumbsup: j/k

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Andy said:
Did you use those takeoffs or didja spring for new tires?
I road the take offs and brough my spare set of wheels just in case. In all honesty, I was going so slow I could been on greese and never lots traction! LOL I've got three sets of take offs. I'm betting they'll last me the whole sesson!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
it was a great time f'sho!

I hope to post some pics and vid later!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts