Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my first chance to get the RR on the track.
Damn. Its fast. Faster than my BMW by a good 5-10 mph in the straights.

The Good: Power was phenomenal, Brakes were very good.
(ECU flash, Graves silencer, cat delete, stock header. Stock brakes Vesrah SRJL pads) 5th gear power wheelies.

The Bad: Toes were dragging, had to raise the rearsets. The stock e-damper sucked, had to swap for an analog revalved Ohlins.
The cluster tach is impossible to see. I have no idea how close to the rev limiter I am. It begins flashing, but its not readable.

Needs work: rear ride height. Needs another 5-10mm. Turns a little slow, runs a little wide on corner exit. And help get my toes off the deck.
Gearing: Im -1/+2 and, running TC on 2, and its power wheelieing in 5th gear. I think going back to a 39t rear may be in order.

Other than that, the bike was great. Takes a little more effort to ride than the BMW, but a lot faster.
Ill report again after the Kit cam install.....

Just my .02.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Today was my first chance to get the RR on the track.
Damn. Its fast. Faster than my BMW by a good 5-10 mph in the straights.

The Good: Power was phenomenal, Brakes were very good.
(ECU flash, Graves silencer, cat delete, stock header. Stock brakes Vesrah SRJL pads) 5th gear power wheelies.

The Bad: Toes were dragging, had to raise the rearsets. The stock e-damper sucked, had to swap for an analog revalved Ohlins.
The cluster tach is impossible to see. I have no idea how close to the rev limiter I am. It begins flashing, but its not readable.

Needs work: rear ride height. Needs another 5-10mm. Turns a little slow, runs a little wide on corner exit. And help get my toes off the deck.
Gearing: Im -1/+2 and, running TC on 2, and its power wheelieing in 5th gear. I think going back to a 39t rear may be in order.

Other than that, the bike was great. Takes a little more effort to ride than the BMW, but a lot faster.
Ill report again after the Kit cam install.....

Just my .02.
When/IF you get the kit ecu/harness... get the shift light... it helps a lot for me and also indicates when i'm in launch mode.
I run minimum TC, kit ecu adjusted to slightly less intervention than mode 1 stock.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replace my suit?! That suit and I have been through a lot in the last 10 years! I just had it refreshed! No other off the rack suit fits me as well as the Corse suits. I’ll keep wearing this one until it’s no longer functional.

I’m very happy with how the bike came out!

breaking in the ZX10RR
That FLAP trailer and t2 photo look familiar... ?

You might want to get that suit replaced otherwise that is a real sharp lookin bike!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Replace my suit?! That suit and I have been through a lot in the last 10 years! I just had it refreshed! No other off the rack suit fits me as well as the Corse suits. I’ll keep wearing this one until it’s no longer functional.

I’m very happy with how the bike came out!

:crackup: i suppose you could always just sharpy over sucati with kawasaki :thefinger_red:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts