Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to attend the German GP this year and am wondering if anyone can tell me which Grandstand is best for viewing, or if General Admission is the way to go.

Recommendations on lodging would also be great.

This will be my first MotoGP and I know, no matter what, it will be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

crazyhawk

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
I can't help you on where to sit...

But if the 800s are anything like the 990s, I'd recommend ear plugs.

Chris

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
724 Posts
I plan to attend the German GP this year and am wondering if anyone can tell me which Grandstand is best for viewing, or if General Admission is the way to go.

Thanks in advance!

crazyhawk
I'm so jealous....enjoy it and take tons of pictures.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm so jealous....enjoy it and take tons of pictures.
I am looking forward to it. I have a nice Digital SLR that I have been meaning to learn to use. This is a good reason to start playing with it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Thanks in advance!

crazyhawk
Each track is differant but as a general rule, Gen admission is better than Grandstand, that way you can move from corner to corner and see the action up close. The grandstands let you see the fast straights and glimpses of other portions of the track in a distance because you are higher off the ground. I always bring a mini bike or scooter with me so i can jet from corner to corner.
Ive only got Laguna Seca MotoGP experience and we sat at the corkscrew the whole race but c'mon thats the corkscrew!
Im going to Indy this year and hope they let you roam around the infield on a scooter.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Each track is differant but as a general rule, Gen admission is better than Grandstand, that way you can move from corner to corner and see the action up close. The grandstands let you see the fast straights and glimpses of other portions of the track in a distance because you are higher off the ground. I always bring a mini bike or scooter with me so i can jet from corner to corner.
Ive only got Laguna Seca MotoGP experience and we sat at the corkscrew the whole race but c'mon thats the corkscrew!
Im going to Indy this year and hope they let you roam around the infield on a scooter.
:+1: The first time I went, I got grandstand tickets and I ended up trading them for pit passes. The stands are uncomfortable and usually not that great. BTW my experiences are only at Laguna Seca too. This October I might be going to Philip Island. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
:+1: The first time I went, I got grandstand tickets and I ended up trading them for pit passes. The stands are uncomfortable and usually not that great. BTW my experiences are only at Laguna Seca too. This October I might be going to Philip Island. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
:thumbsup: Make sure you get a good spot at Turn One. Thats on my top 5 tracks to see before i die.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbsup: Make sure you get a good spot at Turn One. Thats on my top 5 tracks to see before i die.
Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a General Admission ticket is the way to go.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sachsenring's downhill near the end of the track is a spot where a lot of the overtaking occurs, I think Id spend some time there. :cool:
Thanks for the tip. I will check it out for sure!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts