Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track on friday.1st time down the track.my best time was a 11.4 at 131.I need to get better off the line i was getting like 2.1 60 ft.The bike is stock other than a slip on.I am going for low 10s in the next couple weeks.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
wpbzx-10 said:
Went to the track on friday.1st time down the track.my best time was a 11.4 at 131.I need to get better off the line i was getting like 2.1 60 ft.The bike is stock other than a slip on.I am going for low 10s in the next couple weeks.

you need to lower and strap the bike, no need trying for better times if your bike is not drag race ready. Do a search...a lot of good info. to get started.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
bluedevil said:
you need to lower and strap the bike, no need trying for better times if your bike is not drag race ready. Do a search...a lot of good info. to get started.
A strap is a must in getting those short times down. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
whats the diffrence between lowering the bike from the triple tree or using the straps? mines lowerd but no straps....advantage or disadvantage?

·
Banned
363 Posts
ivanzxrr said:
whats the diffrence between lowering the bike from the triple tree or using the straps? mines lowerd but no straps....advantage or disadvantage?
when your front wheel comes down there will be no bounce from your suspension because it's already compressed. Something like that.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ivanzxrr said:
Lowering the bike keeps the CG(center of gravity) low.. a must, the strap helps to keep it that way by limiting the movement of the front end, basically acting like a dead weight in front which helps to keep the front end from going up. So there is no disadvantage if your running a stock wheelbase but a must to do both.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Lowered, not strapped, mine 1 1/2" front and rear....and she sh!ts, sticks, and gets:thumbsup: The front end does come up and bounce a bit when coming back down just as blue said.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
mjg68901 said:
Lowered, not strapped, mine 1 1/2" front and rear....and she sh!ts, sticks, and gets:thumbsup: The front end does come up and bounce a bit when coming back down just as blue said.
yeah, probably should not have said a must for the strap but many go to the track with no lowering like you at 1 1/2"s(I only am lowered 3/4"), because there are other things like higher weight oil and All firm settings on the front suspension...problem is most weekend warriors don't mess with that stuff and the strap gets you there quickly with little effort....good post though seems like you got a good setup for your bike.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I actually did it for three reasons....the obvious, so I could flat foot at stop, second, really like the looks of it lowered, and third the most important, center of mass lower for more gettin and going. I used the suspension recommended settings from Sport Rider and don't mind them much although I just put new PP's on and wanted to tweak it a lil anyways, it's not bad at all really have enjoyed it for the initial settings.

·
Registered
145 Posts
good looking out guys.. mines lowerd 1.5 front and 2" rear she feels pretty good on suspen. but didnt know the diffrence.... thanks 4 the knowledge

·
Registered
448 Posts
ivanzxrr said:
By no means is it a replacement for, but TO AN EXSTENT, a front end strap will act like a steering stabilizer. Only while going down the strip in a straight line of course. But god knows the 04 05 tens needed one, especially on the track.

Same subject, different questions. Who's got the fastest time at stock height? Not lowered, not strapped, not stretched, good old stock height. Mine was a 10.62 @ 137.
:rockwoot:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
TX-954 said:
Same subject, different questions. Who's got the fastest time at stock height? Not lowered, not strapped, not stretched, good old stock height. Mine was a 10.62 @ 137.
:rockwoot:
Well, most mags say they can do about 10s flat(not the mags that adjust)...but the zx9r did 9.9s stock and the first bike before the Busa in stock form to hit that # to become the first ever in stock form..so the point is you need to modify for drag racing conditions to find out the real deal potential.:wink:

We have had members on this site do 9.9s claimed with no modifications what so ever with 10rs and i believe them...but you never know the true mods from others.:badteeth:

·
Registered
482 Posts
bluedevil said:
Well, most mags say they can do about 10s flat(not the mags that adjust)...but the zx9r did 9.9s stock and the first bike before the Busa in stock form to hit that # to become the first ever in stock form..so the point is you need to modify for drag racing conditions to find out the real deal potential.:wink:

We have had members on this site do 9.9s claimed with no modifications what so ever with 10rs and i believe them...but you never know the true mods from others.:badteeth:
i can vouch for nines BONE STOCK....before i bought my 10r i had an 03 gixxer 1000 and me and a few friends went down to NPR (no problem raceway) an hour outside of new orleans. my bud john had recently purchased a new 04 blue 10r. i was runnin consistent 9.40's on the gixxer and john (who had never been to the track b4) was goin 12's on the 10. he's no rider but is a sportbike fanatic. he asked me if i would make a couple passes on the 10 cuz he wanted 10sec slip to put on his fridge. im certain without a doubt the bike was stock everything with a few added red-bull stickers :rolleyes:. first pass 10.20 and he was like AWESOME!...he was satisfied but i told him lets try for 9sec slip instead. he agreed. very next pass was 10.004...not certain about the four but i remember being a couple thousanths away from NINES!!! next pass 9.99....next pass 9.98.....after that we celebrated and proceded to ride home in the rain (sucked) and it was cold. to anyone who doubts a 10's ability to go nines im here to tell you its definitly possible. a rider more skilled than myself would have gone deeper in the nines. zx-10r stocker in the nines....FACT

1 - 20 of 31 Posts