Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know, another one of these threads :rolleyes:

I went to Byron, IL dragstrip Sunday and managed a [email protected] mph. 2.1 60ft was pretty crappy, though I was in the 111-112 mph range in the 1/8? I would post a timeslip but unfortunately there tower was struck by lightening and they only provided full print outs after everyone ran. 2006 10R, 155 lb rider, Stock ride height and wheel base. -1/+1 gearing with Yoshi slip-ons, gutted cat, PCIII(B.S. dynojet web tune) and DJ quickshift. I think the quickshifter was set a little too low because I kept missing 2nd. I only got 5 runs in all day, only a couple of which were actually good, full runs...

Any input on how it/I ran? I'm new to this drag stuff with bikes, but I honestly feel am a decent rider.

Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Get an www.NHRA.com license before you go nines . . .

Unless you don't mind being sent home !

140 mph is just moving right along.

With a 1.5 60' it'll be a nine.

Seat time & you'll get it.

Team WandL Racing.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
That's a lot of MPH man, good job.

·
Registered
93 Posts
yup, you gotta get that 60 time down and you'll be doin fine. With those mods I am sure you bike is capable of much more. Just takes practice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am going out tomorrow night for the first time, too. Similar mods (no PCIII yet though) and 165.3rwhp.

Has anyone got any tips? I REALLY want to run 10's straight out. Oh, I am 235ish pounds.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice run, I want to take mine to the drag strip this summer. Hopefully I will get the courage to do so, lol.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Get an www.NHRA.com license before you go nines . . .

Unless you don't mind being sent home !

140 mph is just moving right along.

With a 1.5 60' it'll be a nine.

Seat time & you'll get it.

Team WandL Racing.

accually with that mph you only need mid to low 1.7 to go 9's 1.5 would put you in the 9.50 range. 1.7s is not that hard with a stock wheelbase with a little practice you will be there

·
Registered
211 Posts
weight . . .

I am going out tomorrow night for the first time, too.

Similar mods (no PCIII yet though) and 165.3rwhp.

Has anyone got any tips?

I REALLY want to run 10's straight out.

Oh, I am 235ish pounds.
Try # 1 - (800) - 597 - Jenny . . .

Or www.JennyCraig.com

·
Registered
719 Posts
If your gonna drag your 10 lower and strap it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heyyou:
world of difference for launches!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am obviously new to the drag strip. Can somebody point me in the right direction for what I need to lower and strap the bike? How long would it take to convert back to circuit-spec?

You think I will bust easy 10's based on what I've run, if I lower the bike?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I am obviously new to the drag strip. Can somebody point me in the right direction for what I need to lower and strap the bike? How long would it take to convert back to circuit-spec?

You think I will bust easy 10's based on what I've run, if I lower the bike?
Yeah you'll be low 10s easy w/seat time and strapped and lowered! You will also need a tether if you have not raced before. Tether runs about 40-50$, strap and brackets that go on front caliper mounts about $80 and rear lowering links- If you get the good ones have 3 holes holes in the bottom so you can use them at stock hight and -1.5" lowered or 3" lowered they run about $55. This is if you find a decent deal. Look on Ebay or some of the site sponsors here! its easy!:idea:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts