Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out Saturday with the new set-up. I have a completely stock (motor, exhaust) 06 10, with 6 over extensions and a 530 set up with 16/43 gearing. It went 6.19 @ 120.4 mph on a 1.57 60' with a stock tire. I launched at 4500 RPM

I could tell it was still spinning so there's more in it. Hopefully I will be getting the Shenko on here this week, I can't wait to drop the clutch from 6-8 and see what it will do when it hooks.......:badteeth:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GARSZX10R said:
Went out Saturday with the new set-up. I have a completely stock (motor, exhaust) 06 10, with 6 over extensions and a 530 set up with 16/43 gearing. It went 6.19 @ 120.4 mph on a 1.57 60' with a stock tire. I launched at 4500 RPM

I could tell it was still spinning so there's more in it. Hopefully I will be getting the Shenko on here this week, I can't wait to drop the clutch from 6-8 and see what it will do when it hooks.......:badteeth:
Nice!!! But I would suggest the 180/55 Pirelli SuperCorsa SC2.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good job this week-end poppell...What kinds of things r-u zx10 guys going to do next year to catch "woska", does he get torn down ever? I bet his forks or rims are heavy........justkiddin...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
06green said:
Good job this week-end poppell...What kinds of things r-u zx10 guys going to do next year to catch "woska", does he get torn down ever? I bet his forks or rims are heavy........justkiddin...
Thanks.

The new 10 and 1000 are putting out about the same HP with SS mods, but getting the 10 low is the hurdle they are trying to get over. I just need a newer ZX-10R so I can keep up. :thumbsup:

Woska's dad said they where going to run Super Street next year. There motor has been tore down a few times this year. Vince is a good rider, but he can be beat. :wink:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Shame when they had the 2in clearence and ballast rule the mighty 10 dominated....testament to the gixxers riding postion(rake)...

I know i had a 2002 gixxer with no mods(lowered only/slip on) could easily run 9.5s no ballast, 3in..

My 06 on the other hand is a beast and cannot use first gear(above 7k)..

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikebar4 said:
i have a friend with an 06 gixxer. it is extended lowered and -1 up front and he ran a 9.5 @147....
I think a 6.07 1/8 mile should be somwhere in the neighborhood of a 9.2-9.3. Its stretched and geared. :wink:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well... went back to the track again,this thing luvs to wheelie 1st, 2nd, (short shiftin)then come down in 3rd and run 9.90s @147MPH on pump gas...only made 2 passes..good thing was on both passes i ran by a busa and a stretched 1000 on 1 wheel....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
06green said:
Well... went back to the track again,this thing luvs to wheelie 1st, 2nd, (short shiftin)then come down in 3rd and run 9.90s @147MPH on pump gas...only made 2 passes..good thing was on both passes i ran by a busa and a stretched 1000 on 1 wheel....
Thats a pretty good time for stock length.

·
Registered
211 Posts
120 is flyin' in the eighth mile . . .

Team WandL Racing.

Red, *<:){)-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts