Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally had a good day and time off to go to the track. Last time I tried my charging system shit the bed 12 kms from my house, not a fun day. I believe the high was like 19 degree celius.

I'm not really going to go into mods and that's way to long but I'll just give the important numbers. After Tech I weight myself and the bike. Surprisingly the bike came in exactly at 400lbs and me at 200lbs fully suited. The bike makes 175HP at the wheel, not sure on the torque number. It is SWB and setup for aggressive road riding/road racing, launching with a stiff rear end was much harder than I thought it would be. Also using stock gearing which makes launch even more difficult.

I never really got the hang of the clutch but it did get a better just need more seat time. My slowest trap speed was 140.36MPH fastest 141.93MPH. A good run for me was basically hitting the limiter in 3rd at the finish line.

Fastest run was 10.991. I was consistantly in the 11.2 range. Slowest was 11.697.

Worst 60' 2.716 Best 2.369

The bike is stupid fast it just can't put down power early.

Ended up meeting a member on here Farkle and raced him. I beat him but either he wasn't going wide open at all or there's something wrong cause I don't think I should have pull on him like I did.

Here I did the 11.697 to his 11.810 but his RT and 60' were WAY better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy20_fatetc&feature=youtu.be

First pass ever with the 10R

Me made a fool by a pro level drag racer on a 2012 ZX14 what looked like a full Brocks and a stretch I'm guessing about 8 inches. He was a super nice modest guy. He was running 9.4s all night long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBryC-AUR6k&feature=youtu.be

Second last run. Was solo because the other guy low sided from doing a burnout coming out of the water box. No idea why, he didn't ride through it or anything. He also one of the regular fast guys.

Last pass, felt like my fastest was second fastest though. definitely went WOT but don't remember when.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxdVDgaH2qE&feature=youtu.be

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Looking good there man.
More practice should help a lot with times. You should be able to run low 10's

BTW if the guy was "only" running 9.4 with a stretched 2012 14 he is not at pro level.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
11's on a 1000cc bike?????? damn, we have guys running high 10's on swb 600s not strapped at stock height, they must be hiding something lol

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
11's on a 1000cc bike?????? damn, we have guys running high 10's on swb 600s not strapped at stock height, they must be hiding something lol
Yeah they all weigh 120lbs wet :heyyou: :lol: It's all on setup,weight and experience 11s on a 1000cc I bet is the norm for most not prepped on anything yet for the drag strip......My first times out I did 11s too even though I thought I was a very fast guy on the street.....but learned you better setup the bike right and with a some practice BAM 10s then lower 10s, now I go to the track with only 150hp + and yes I weigh over 215lbs in gear and hit a 9s almost every time these days with an 8yr old slow bike. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
116 Posts
Damn, just bash the guy... I ran 11.20s consistently my first 2 times to the track. Last Friday was my 5th time to the track and I ran a 10.07(swb). It's all about seat time man. You'll get it just like I am. Make about 40-50 passes and I promise you that you'll be a completely different rider.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I just said that 11's aren't very good for a 400lb bike with 175rwhp that is all.
He also weighs 200lbs It takes some skill to move that much weight trust me I know :lol: The HP well that's relative not weight, experience and setup those don't change it's concrete at least the weight and setup and most don't go out even with 170hp + doing 9s or sometimes even 10s...we are just saying give the guy a break and keep it real he will get there we all started out slow at some point even you. :wink:

Bloo

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
not to mention the thing sits pretty high and the rear suspension is super stiff.

You're welcome to try me in the twisties. I have a realistic goal of around 10.5 with the way it's setup. The more I drag race the more I want a dedicated drag bike.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
10.5 it is a pretty good goal.

I ran around that consistently with my 1st gen, and now the 4th gen whithout changing anything from the strip to the road track (bike was setup for road track, drag strip was secondary)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks man. My goal for swb is 9.70s. I'm a little more set up for drag than you are though. I'm lowred 3 inches and strapped. I'm lookin for a 1.5 60' on the next couple of trips.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Only watched the last video. A little more seat time and you will have it.

Few suggestions, launch at a higher rpm and ride the clutch more. Gradually raise your launch RPM until you get to a point that she wheelies too hard. She is bogging down right now which is killing your 60ft. If you are listening to guys on Busas and 14s about RPMs to launch at, its completely different on a 1k. You need to launch higher...

Also, until you get your launch going like second nature... ignore the lights. Just focus on your launch, and when you have that better you can worry about r/t. Too many things at once when just starting out can be overwhelming and just make you do all of them bad.

You will surpass that goal in no time, good luck!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Seat time is key. By the way, if the guy on the 2012 zx14 was only running 9.4s he's FAR from pro level. My 2007 zx14 with 25,000 miles runs 8.90s and I'm 200 suited, and I'm FAR from pro level.

60' times in the 1.7s are easily achievable on a SWB ZX10, it just takes practice with the clutch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts