Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the Beast to Dallas Raceway 1/4 mile last night. Along with mods below I strapped the front end down. Fighting traction a little bit on some of the launches, and mid track too.
I had my Contour camera, and a camera in the stands.

Best ET: 9.89
Best MPH: 145
Reaction time: .008
Weak 60 ft times.

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Nice run :thumbsup: and dang your bike is super light how much does the Rider weigh?

bloo

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im 175 in my undies. Lol
:banamet:

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Very nice. Your tuck is terrible but I don't know if that would help at the strip vs keeping weight forward. Couldn't you slide back after like 2nd gear for more aero or does it till want to lift?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Very nice. Your tuck is terrible but I don't know if that would help at the strip vs keeping weight forward. Couldn't you slide back after like 2nd gear for more aero or does it till want to lift?
Ya I made an effort to tuck more on the top end after the tire quit spinning. Didn't really make any difference. I had my head up a little for the camera. I have a dark windsheid.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Didnt seem like you were spinning.

Damn good pass tho, specially being swb

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didnt seem like you were spinning.

Damn good pass tho, specially being swb
Thanks man. It's hard to hear with the wind noise, but 2nd and 3rd were spinning up a little on each pass.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
With the power your bike is making and being so light AND SWB it must be a handful to launch. Hell, even 2nd gear must be wickedly hard to keep down.
Great riding. You were man handling that thing.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
With the power your bike is making and being so light AND SWB it must be a handful to launch. Hell, even 2nd gear must be wickedly hard to keep down.
Great riding. You were man handling that thing.
Hey thanks man. Yes, It is def a handful. Nice to know someone understands that. Hard to be super consistent off the line. If the front stays down then the tire wants to spin and vise versa. Bike was trying to drift across the lane on several runs. I ended up with two good runs. This one and a 9.98 @ 145 before this run.
I was running a 08 very stretched busa a few times that night. He was killing me off the line, but I was running him down on top end.
Once I get a Gen 4 I can stretch this Gen1 and put some juice on her. Then its on for sure.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
nice runs man :thumbsup: and i agree dragin a swb is a handfull but so much fun :wink: stay on that seat and them times will start to drop for ya. best i got out of mine before the stretch was a 6.20 1/[email protected] mph with a 1.58 60ft.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
nice runs man :thumbsup: and i agree dragin a swb is a handfull but so much fun :wink: stay on that seat and them times will start to drop for ya. best i got out of mine before the stretch was a 6.20 1/[email protected] mph with a 1.58 60ft.
Ya a few more times to the track and I'll get it dialed in.

Damn nice times for a first timer!
Thanks man. I've watched your videos before. Very nice! I look forward to when I can stretch it out.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have some videos of my other Z, Z06 I'll post sometime.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Damn nice times for a first timer!
I really don't think he is a first timer on the Track although the OP didn't clarify the Thread Title:headshake:badteeth:
Gen 1: First time at the track on this 10.
Who says that for a first timer:dontknow: if so you say something like my first time ever drag racing a bike or 10r period hit 9.89s...see :wink: then the BS flag comes out :lol:

it suggest he has been on other bikes as well, his Mods on this bike is very good extreme light weight bike not to heavy 175lb rider add up some experience on other bikes drag racing or similar ......easy to see there....but first timer :lol: :crackup: :bs:

bloo

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really don't think he is a first timer on the Track although the OP didn't clarify the Thread Title:headshake:badteeth:
Who says that for a first timer:dontknow: if so you say something like my first time ever drag racing a bike or 10r period hit 9.89s...see :wink: then the BS flag comes out :lol:

it suggest he has been on other bikes as well, his Mods on this bike is very good extreme light weight bike not to heavy 175lb rider add up some experience on other bikes drag racing or similar ......easy to see there....but first timer :lol: :crackup: :bs:

bloo
LOL! You caught me Bloo. Although I thought I was clear... First time on THIS 10. Ive grown up at drag strips in cars. Ive had two other mostly stock 10s. One of them I ran at a 1/8th mile track several times, but not near the handful that this bike is. This bike has much better times in it once I nail the launch just right.
:eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

bloo
LOL! You caught me Bloo. Although I thought I was clear... First time on THIS 10. Ive grown up at drag strips in cars. Ive had two other mostly stock 10s. One of them I ran at a 1/8th mile track several times, but not near the handful that this bike is. This bike has much better times in it once I nail the launch just right.
:eek:ccasion1
You did make it clear at least to me on the Title. :thumbsup: I have much more respect for you even more now that you clarified to the rest....just didn't want the children getting scared they can't do it first time. :lol:

I have gained weight recently so maybe 225lbs now geared up and know it's not easy don't have the Mods you have but have been 9.93s SWB but that was with alot of practice. :badteeth:

and f'sho once you nail it your times are going to get much better I know that as well......thanks again for setting the record strait. :wink: and good luck going forward. :eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do have a natural talent for going fast tho, :thumbsup: no matter what its on, or in. One thing I love is speed. Between all my bikes, this was prob my tenth time to a track.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts