Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only ran 3 times(clutch went out of adjustment so I shut her down) I didn’t know what to expect with the big layoff and the bike with many more thousands of miles on my 5yr old bike.

I still weigh over 200lbs and the bike is still stock with just a gearing change and slip-on NO PCIII..edit SWB..

Well it came out better than I thought…….In FACT I BROKE 3 PERSONAL RECORDS IN ONLY 3 RUNS.

1ST Personal best ¼ mile time 9.96sec (previous record 9.97s)
2nd- Personal best Top Speed 146.5mph (previous record 145.9mph)
3rd- Personal 1/8 mile top Speed 121mph (previous record I think 116mph)

I will post up a time slip later scanner down right now with the NEW BUSA I was racing and beat to his 10s flat @ 147.5 top speed. :thumbsup:

edit...added Time Slip the other bike is a New Busa:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Only ran 3 times(clutch went out of adjustment so I shut her down) I didn’t know what to expect with the big layoff and the bike with many more thousands of miles on my 5yr old bike.

I still weigh over 200lbs and the bike is still stock with just a gearing change and slip-on NO PCIII..edit SWB..

Well it came out better than I thought…….In FACT I BROKE 3 PERSONAL RECORDS IN ONLY 3 RUNS.

1ST Personal best ¼ mile time 9.96sec (previous record 9.97s)
2nd- Personal best Top Speed 146.5mph (previous record 145.9mph)
3rd- Personal 1/8 mile top Speed 121mph (previous record I think 116mph)

I will post up a time slip later scanner down right now with the NEW BUSA I was racing and beat to his 10s flat @ 147.5 top speed. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: nice job!! good mph in the 1/8

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
And I thought you'd be way to old and skeered to go that fast anymore. :1848:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
awesome ! for a sloBlue one:wink::lol: just kiddin glad to see you're dtill gettin it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Dang zx10s get stronger as the motor loosens up!:thumbsup:
Good job blue!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:thumbsup: nice job!! good mph in the 1/8
Yeah I was surprised I always thought only the professionals or guys with big Mods can do that speed in the 1/8 but hey the guys back east always say they can do 120+ in the 1/8 so I will take it. :thumbsup:

And I thought you'd be way to old and skeered to go that fast anymore. :1848:
:shady:

awesome ! for a sloBlue one:wink::lol: just kiddin glad to see you're dtill gettin it:thumbsup:
:shady: :thumbsup:

PS....If any of you long time drag racers have any experience on clutches I found out after/during my last run the clutch would not disengage until the lever was almost released. I was trying to do a burn out and the tire wasn't spinning. I think it's heat related because on the lift at home everything seems normal now.:dontknow:...sticky clutch..:dontknow:...have Cycle Concepts clutch like stock.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
when I had my old drag bike we used to add a washer in the spring stack and that helped but that was in the 80's :badteeth:

I bet it was arthritis not letting him fully release the lever. maybe try some Aleve. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice! Age is not a factor - hey, next time I'd be glad to go..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
when I had my old drag bike we used to add a washer in the spring stack and that helped but that was in the 80's :badteeth:
Well this is the 00s and do have Pazzo levers where I could adjust to a high setting on the levers:dontknow:. I just want to find out what happened but the good thing is the learning from experience, I will now know when something isn't right starting with the burn out.:badteeth:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I bet it was arthritis not letting him fully release the lever. maybe try some Aleve. :mrgreen:
:spit:good one Playa,Blue we used to'scuff' the steel plates with sandpaper as well ,I know 'stone knives and Bearskinz' but hey it worked

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
:spit:good one Playa,Blue we used to'scuff' the steel plates with sandpaper as well ,I know 'stone knives and Bearskinz' but hey it worked
Just trying to be helpful when I can, plus its a good opportunity to get in some "old jokes" of my own for a change. Seriously though, I don't know anything about clutches, sorry I can't help.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice! Age is not a factor - hey, next time I'd be glad to go..
Sorry Bud I would have invited but it was a Last second decision to go. My 10year old says I'm to old at 45yrs :lol:

Would have been nice though this was an event I thought was Motorcycles only and turned out it was cars and the only bikes was 3 Suks meaning 2 New Busas and 1 09 Suk 1k.....I beat 1 of the Busas twice so I thought I represented Kawi well. :mrgreen: the 09 1k Suk beat the other Busa once but he weighs 140 wet and both of them where modified and are great racers....the funny thing is 1ks took down supposedly:rolleyes: the fast production machines...but even one of the guys admitted when he lost to a 1k there is a power to weight ratio and that's why I can loose to a 1k on my busa. :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just trying to be helpful when I can, plus its a good opportunity to get in some "old jokes" of my own for a change. Seriously though, I don't know anything about clutches, sorry I can't help.
and to stay in front of bloo on the postwhore count.:heyyou::lol:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Sorry Bud I would have invited but it was a Last second decision to go. My 10year old says I'm to old at 45yrs :lol:

Would have been nice though this was an event I thought was Motorcycles only and turned out it was cars and the only bikes was 3 Suks meaning 2 New Busas and 1 09 Suk 1k.....I beat 1 of the Busas twice so I thought I represented Kawi well. :mrgreen: the 09 1k Suk beat the other Busa once but he weighs 140 wet and both of them where modified and are great racers....the funny thing is 1ks took down supposedly:rolleyes: the fast production machines...but even one of the guys admitted when he lost to a 1k there is a power to weight ratio and that's why I can loose to a 1k on my busa. :wink:
should change your name to 'Bad Blue Busa Killa':eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 28 Posts