Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time at the strip, results & 60ft question!

First time of my life with a motorcycle at the dragstrip. I only have the equivalent of 8 months experience driving motorcycles. However I must have many hundreds pass in cars with E.T in the 10-15 sec in the 1/4 mile. I must say I struggle!

I did a total of 4 run but 2 where completely scrap like bogging and or wheellie, having to lift the gaz etc and one I wheellie in 1-2 and third gear.

Here is my best run:

60ft 1.87
1/8 6.975
1/4 10.485 @ 144.106 MPH

I am looking forward for the next try as this best run was far from perfect as I had to short shift 1-2 gear change because I was afraid to wheelie + I short shift 2-3 before my shift point and finaly I try to shift in 4th 2 times and missing both finaly deciding to cross the line in third( I shift no clutch all gear). All rookie mistake because I was so excited.

I taught I scrap my run until I seen the results. I am very satisfied for my first time out. I have stock gearing and slip on + BMC race filter no other mods. I weight geared around 220 pounds and I run with half a tank of gaz

I was wondering what are good 60ft for a bike basically stock not lowered not strap etc. On the run I wheellie first thru third gear(my launch was pretty good on that one) I did my best 60ft of 1.854.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Nice passes,love to see a lady that dragraces her own bike!I have a friend who races a 04 zx-10 think shes been a 6.02 in da 1/8th,keep up the good work!:thumbsup: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice passes,love to see a lady that dragraces her own bike!I have a friend who races a 04 zx-10 think shes been a 6.02 in da 1/8th,keep up the good work!:thumbsup: :mrgreen:
LOL!! I am NOT a lady body! I don't know where you got that???:spit:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Low 1.80's to mid 1.70's are about all you’re going to see out of a "completely" stock height bike. Put a strap on it and those numbers will come easy.
Great times, very nice 60 ft :ayyy: ....... please don't take offense, but I think your track's mph. timer blocks were a little on the "happy" side that day. 144's a bit high for your set-up.
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Low 1.80's to mid 1.70's are about all you’re going to see out of a "completely" stock height bike. Put a strap on it and those numbers will come easy.
Great times, very nice 60 ft :ayyy: ....... please don't take offense, but I think your track's mph. timer blocks were a little on the "happy" side that day. 144's a bit high for your set-up.
My MPH my be a little off like 2-3 MPH but not much more because where I race near Montreal, Quebec we are at sea level + the air was good and cold. I know I can easily loose 4 MPH on the same track when it's hot and humid and the air pressure is low. I went from 116mph to 112mph last time with my car in that situation. I am sure my mph will be lower in Texas also.

I will try to improve my 60ft thank you for the advises.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My MPH my be a little off like 2-3 MPH but not much more because where I race near Montreal, Quebec we are at sea level + the air was good and cold. I know I can easily loose 4 MPH on the same track when it's hot and humid and the air pressure is low. I went from 116mph to 112mph last time with my car in that situation. I am sure my mph will be lower in Texas also.

I will try to improve my 60ft thank you for the advises.
Roger that :ayyy: Houston Raceway Park here in Texas is like that too. 6ft above sea level, always a tail wind. Buy yea, Quebec huh? I'd say it’s defiantly a tad bit colder there at night then it is here.
Your scoots defiantly not lacking in the Horsepower department though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts