Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finally made it to the strip for the first time with my 10 streetbike. temp in mid 70's and a 10-20 mph cross wind at track. track was also a little slippery, leaving a 6500 to hook and still breaking loose a little, shows in 60 fts. spun on the best mph pass. got great potential. have time slips but cant post tonight. first pass spun 1.66 60ft. 6.002 @121.68, 2nd pass hooked and had to feather throttle a little on first gear wheelie.1.489 60 ft. 5.89 @123.93, last pass spun 1.605 60 ft. 5.90 @124.86.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
finally made it to the strip for the first time with my 10 streetbike. temp in mid 70's and a 10-20 mph cross wind at track. track was also a little slippery, leaving a 6500 to hook and still breaking loose a little, shows in 60 fts. spun on the best mph pass. got great potential. have time slips but cant post tonight. first pass spun 1.66 60ft. 6.002 @121.68, 2nd pass hooked and had to feather throttle a litte on first gear wheelie.1.489 60 ft. 5.89 @123.93, last pass spun 1.605 60 ft. 5.90 @124.86.

:cool::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Was that on swb??? Those are great times, but this is coming from someone who's not that great on the strip

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
62 in., good rider. track was slippery, bike only event, about 60 bikes, no cars putting down fresh rubber, and unprepped as a private event. had to leave soft. rider did a good job today under conditions. gonna pull some high 1.30's, low 1.40's, make a couple of changes, and post some new times.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I was going to say damn swb.............., then saw it's at 62 inches
Did you read the part "1st Time on the 10" :wink: ...62in isn't that long I think it will only get better. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks guys, bike is running strong, full street trim, ridden every day. track was the issue, not the rider, everybody was struggling, and we only got 3 first out passes. just swap the 60's which are terrible and we had 5.70's in hand. eng. mods are my headwork, small stk. lift web regrinds at 107-104, shimmed stk. valve springs, cnc full radius valve job, thin hg, ,015 deck to restore combustion chamber work done, tb flies, rods, and step removed, timing advanced 3 degrees mechanically, int. tract blended from stk. stacks to valves, k and n, tiforce ex., welded basket with stk. springs shimmed .080, pair plates connected, afr at 13.7. rider weight suited 175.

·
Registered
825 Posts
And your only going to get quicker too!! :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
appreciate your comments. not a clean, smooth pass out of the 3. spun two and throttled back wheelie on one. bike got solid 70's and a little more mph in her, not being optimistic, being realistic. gonna run semdra at valdosta next weekend, hopefully things come together, this is a great event and track. let u know how it turns out. thanks guys.

·
Registered
842 Posts
theres a grugefest in phenix city,al next sunday
and your not too far you should come

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ive run phoenix city before, going to valdosta sat. though, about 3 hrs to valdosta. love to hookup with u there. i run stk. stacks. they have a rubber lipi blend with cartridge roll, also match stack to bottom air box plate, plate to outer tb, int. rubber to tb and head, valve insert was poorly matched to port, too much to port match, epoxy used here to smooth flow. flies and rods gone, holes epoxied, sharp machined step right before primary flies blended. every connection of parts is part of the int. tract, i blend everything, connected, cast, or machined.

·
Registered
842 Posts
ive run phoenix city before, going to valdosta sat. though, about 3 hrs to valdosta. love to hookup with u there. i run stk. stacks. they have a rubber lipi blend with cartridge roll, also match stack to bottom air box plate, plate to outer tb, int. rubber to tb and head, valve insert was poorly matched to port, too much to port match, epoxy used here to smooth flow. flies and rods gone, holes epoxied, sharp machined step right before primary flies blended. every connection of parts is part of the int. tract, i blend everything, connected, cast, or machined.
my bike is down till next year but i ride alot of peoples for them. Were having a grudgefest sunday 8/23 that will be HUGE and over half the racers in the south will be there...you should change plans and come :) do you have a pic of your modded t/b's i think you did the same as me lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts