Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
third time at strip total. ran manufacturers cup in valdosta ga. first pass, 1.43 60 ft., 5.709 @126.38 eighth, 8.859 @ 154.95 quarter. 2nd pass, 1.46 60 ft., 5.704 @128.30 eighth, 8.820 @155.42, 3rd pass, 1.457 60 ft., 5.668 @127.93 eighth, 8.794 @157.32. dialed 8.80 in et, ran crazy 8's(8.88) pro tree, made it through 3 rounds crazy 8's, 5 rounds et, then someone stole key out of bike in staging with hundreds of people standing there, officials requested keys returned four times over pa. missed both rounds and keys returned by deputy 10 mins after saying found on ground at grandstands where we had not been.eliminated, but had a great day. little ten never missed a beat. good racing guys.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
wow that sucks about the key crap. some people need shot.

if you dont mind what all is done to your bike and what do you weigh. not being nosy just trying to make mine run like that

awesome job by the way. especially for not really being at the track a whole lot.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
wow that sucks about the key crap. some people need shot.

if you dont mind what all is done to your bike and what do you weigh. not being nosy just trying to make mine run like that

awesome job by the way. especially for not really being at the track a whole lot.
:+1: :headshake

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Sounds like your competition was a little scared. That's horse shit that somebody would pull some dirty shit like that. Another reason I have been wanting to completely rid myself of my ignition.

On another note, it sounds like you were kicking ass man. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Jim you just put a smile on my face im glad you got into the 8s, all your hard work and all the help you offer all of us. GOOD JOB:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Jim you just put a smile on my face im glad you got into the 8s, all your hard work and all the help you offer all of us. GOOD JOB:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
:+2:

If any one deserves to go 3 8's in a row out the bat....its definatly you!!! Congrats...couldn't have happened to a better guy.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
third time at strip total. ran manufacturers cup in valdosta ga. first pass, 1.43 60 ft., 5.709 @126.38 eighth, 8.859 @ 154.95 quarter. 2nd pass, 1.46 60 ft., 5.704 @128.30 eighth, 8.820 @155.42, 3rd pass, 1.457 60 ft., 5.668 @127.93 eighth, 8.794 @157.32. dialed 8.80 in et, ran crazy 8's(8.88) pro tree, made it through 3 rounds crazy 8's, 5 rounds et, then someone stole key out of bike in staging with hundreds of people standing there, officials requested keys returned four times over pa. missed both rounds and keys returned by deputy 10 mins after saying found on ground at grandstands where we had not been.eliminated, but had a great day. little ten never missed a beat. good racing guys.
Quick question...your 60fts stayed around the same yet your et's dropped and you picked up mph....fuel changes, got cooler, or just got more comfortable on the bike???

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
man he done told us the good news and went to sleep:crackup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
That key business is crap.

My buddy flew down to watch the race and had a good time. He probably even saw you run. You guys had some killer air there.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yeah, great air for hp, barametric pressure about 30.2 and cool. rider trying to find best shift point, found his groove and got real consistant during elimination runs. ran 16/44 same as 1/8 gearing. every pass of the day was in the 8's including elimination passes. man, we had fun too, the key incident could'nt even ruin my day, gonna keep my racing fun nomatter what this time. these zx10's can more than hold their own against the modded busas and 14's at a natl. event, showing them is what it's all about. thanks everyone for all your input through the year. hope we all fly.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yeah, great air for hp, barametric pressure about 30.2 and cool. rider trying to find best shift point, trying to find best shift point, found his groove and got real consistant during elimination runs. ran 16/44 same as 1/8 gearing. every pass of the day was in the 8's including elimination passes. man, we had fun too, the key incident could'nt even ruin my day, gonna keep my racing fun nomatter what this time. these zx10's can more than hold their own against the modded busas and 14's at a natl. event, showing them is what it's all about. thanks everyone for all your input through the year. hope we all fly.
Way to represent the 10s :eek:ccasion1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts