Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time to the strip with my 05 ZX-10R

I couldnt get the tire to hook up for shit! It was kicking out all over the place... Finally let some air out and seemed to help a little bit... Im running a bald dunlop...

Best run, I also hit the limiter in 2nd on this run

1.87 60FT
10.28 ET
139.92 MPH

I also had another run of 10.44 @ 140.19 MPH

Bike is 05 ZX10R, Arata slip on, BMC, Powercommander.... 11000 Mi

·
Registered
482 Posts
with a strap you should be able to get your 60fts in the 1.5s.....that will make for some mid nines with a little seat time.....keep it up

·
Registered
193 Posts
What do yall reccomend for launching techniques?
Sit forward over the tank, keep the revs around 6-7k and as you slip the clutch out slowly wring it up to 10k using the clutch not the throttle to stop lofting. This is about the only time I ever use my clutch, anywere... oh yea, get a stickier tire, I used to burn through 4th on hard compound tires and run only 11.2's.

I run a 10.6 @ 137 (LACR, Palmdale) on a stock 04, 1" lowered, no other mods other than my flame kit from Tapeworks.com

Be doin some work on the old dog soon, intend to hit 9's by the end of the year!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sit forward over the tank, keep the revs around 6-7k and as you slip the clutch out slowly wring it up to 10k using the clutch not the throttle to stop lofting. This is about the only time I ever use my clutch, anywere... oh yea, get a stickier tire, I used to burn through 4th on hard compound tires and run only 11.2's.

I run a 10.6 @ 137 (LACR, Palmdale) on a stock 04, 1" lowered, no other mods other than my flame kit from Tapeworks.com

Be doin some work on the old dog soon, intend to hit 9's by the end of the year!
Thanks for the help... but damn that crazy because I was launching at maybe 4k rpms while trying to slip the clutch and got nothing but tire spin... I believe I tried to launch one time higher than 4k.. maybe around 6k and I was smokin the tire for the first 60ft....

I believe my best run was launching below 4k rpms cause this was the only time the tire got traction....
What do yall suggest?

·
Registered
99 Posts
1.50s are possible stock wheelbase, but needs to be pretty light.. maybe no more than 170 or so. thats about on par for 1000Ss class at 3 inches of clearance. not everyone can get there tho.

·
Registered
448 Posts
with a strap you should be able to get your 60fts in the 1.5s.....that will make for some mid nines with a little seat time.....keep it up
No offense bud, but a stock height bike with a strap is not going to hit 1.50s. I would think MAYBE high 1.60s if you were... really good, but thats it.
Bikes going have to be lowered front and rear down to a min. of 2 inches, and PROBABLY have to have "some" added weight.
I think Ruthless will probably back me up on this.

I hit a 1.66 on an 04 but the bike was looowwww (with lowers removed).

Hey CK9887
(nice runs there "screach" ey. Kevin said he still beat you every pass though)

:lol: :spankbw:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
No offense bud, but a stock height bike with a strap is not going to hit 1.50s. I would think MAYBE high 1.60s if you were... really good, but thats it.
Bikes going have to be lowered front and rear down to a min. of 2 inches, and PROBABLY have to have "some" added weight.

Hey CK9887

With my weight at over 200lbs + gear I have done 1.68s @ 3in ground clearance with a stock bike(slip-on/geared & straped). I think I can get it to low 1.6s but not into the 1.5s :headshake:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hey CK9887

Haha he did get me a on a few passes but not all of em... His best of the night I believe was a 10.4x or a 10.5... not bad for what he was on.... Im hoping once I get a new tire I should be very close to 9s... we will see...

When did you get the 954? Any runs with it yet?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have personally rode gaugelane's stock 06 10R with just a strap and cut mid 1.6 60FT's with the best being 1.61.:thumbsup:

SEAT TIME = LOWER ET'S :thumbsup:

·
Registered
482 Posts

Hey CK9887

i never said anything about being stock height......lowered and strapped is a must for mid 1.5's....and you dont need to add any weight....oh yea i weigh 150 suited

1 - 20 of 27 Posts