Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys my new 1000 SuperSport bike is a bad boy!!!! We went to a place in KY last night called London Motorplex (1/8th). The bike has 160 miles on it and this is the first time I've seen the bike. First pass wheelie 6.34, 2nd 6.27, 3rd 6.17, 4th pass ever on bike 6.04:eyecrazy: 5th tried to leave at a higher rpm and wheelied 6.22, last pass 6.10. The bike is freaking awesome:thumbsup:
Today I leave for home and to do some more testing so I stop through Twiggs Co. at Macon National Dragway(1/8th) and get it done. First pass 6.08, 2nd 6.08, 3rd 6.07, 4th and final pass 6.02:eyecrazy:
All I can say is the GSXR is just easier to ride. My 60ft on the 6.02 pass was 1.56!!!:eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
good to hear RR :eek:ccasion1….sounds like that should help you out the rest of the season :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We data logged a few passes and the AFR was around 14.5, but with no power commanders to tune with until early May, she's not running bad.:thumbsup: Can't wait to finish SuperSporting her out.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sounds Like suzuki won your heart. :ninja2: Haha.... just wait til the 08 ninja comes out! :spankbw:
J/k. That suzuki is a nce ride this year.
:eek:t: I met you at the last Mirock race last year.....I'm the one who had the problems with my clutch & you took time out to come over to help......not just "help" but HELP as in measuring steels and fibers and stack thickness and all that. basically put the whole 04 clutch set up in my 06. That had to have took 45mins or so of your time. Just realizing that was you :crackup: Yea man, you a real cool dude! Appreciate that.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds Like suzuki won your heart. :ninja2: Haha.... just wait til the 08 ninja comes out! :spankbw:
J/k. That suzuki is a nce ride this year.
:eek:t: I met you at the last Mirock race last year.....I'm the one who had the problems with my clutch & you took time out to come over to help......not just "help" but HELP as in measuring steels and fibers and stack thickness and all that. basically put the whole 04 clutch set up in my 06. That had to have took 45mins or so of your time. Just realizing that was you :crackup: Yea man, you a real cool dude! Appreciate that.
What's up man how ya been? Setting up the 10R clutch is my specialty:mrgreen: Are you still running the 04 clutch in the 06???

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
did we get a comparison in times b/w the gix and the real mans bike yet???

:hick:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Bike is getting warranty work done to it (think I spun a bearing).....Havnt rode it this season yet :BangHead: But yea, I still have that same clutch in there. Held up for about 20-30 passes and it still felt good before the damage. Kawasaki has had my bike for a month and hasnt touched it :angryfire I'm calling everyday from now on. Bike will be waaaay different when I get it back, I have a lot of mods sittin right here waiting to be installed.....m-10 exhaust, chromoly swingarm, air shifter, pc3, durrani mag. wheels (be here in may) & gettin a head/cam pkg if I ever get my damn bike back! I'll see you around....Mirock...Prostar...somewhere. You gotta make a couple passes on my bike since you a light weight/ better rider than me and give me a nice time to shoot for!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did we get a comparison in times b/w the gix and the real mans bike yet???

:hick:
Well, I've had the 06 10R since Dec. and the best 1/8th ET on it is 6.07 1time. I've had the gixxer 2 days and already been 6.02 along with a bunch of other .0x passes!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I've had the 06 10R since Dec. and the best 1/8th ET on it is 6.07 1time. I've had the gixxer 2 days and already been 6.02 along with a bunch of other .0x passes!!!!:thumbsup:
I watched the 07 gixxer run a the strip yesterday where I am and this guy was wooping everybody's ass. Their really fast, He was getting low 9's all day long and its' all stock with no mods

·
Registered
804 Posts
I watched the 07 gixxer run a the strip yesterday where I am and this guy was wooping everybody's ass. Their really fast, He was getting low 9's all day long and its' all stock with no mods
All stock with no mods at all??? Was it Gadson or schnitz on there??

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great times Poppell,

What was your MPH, and does it have the SS package??
The bike isn't tuned at all but it was still trapping 124-125. The motor has been SS'd, but I'm waiting on a few other parts to finish it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
nice ruthless. im sure seattime and rest of mods, that thing will fly. thats moving for no real tune on it. we didnt have many 1000ss at TX shootout this weekend and times were about .2 off with track and temp. still couple of them were flying..but they get 2 inch ground clearance instead of prostar 3 and can have motor work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice times Kenny, This could be the bike that does it, from what I hear, 0's for sure with the tunning, and passes. Good Luck.
Damm I can't wait to get one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts