Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ummm, DAMN!

Man this mutha MOTIVATES now. Also more fun in the twisties. Makes changin' yer line in the corners via throttle MUCH more precise. And I've gotta say it ain't no wheelie monster but it makes them fuggin' effortless. After I got used to the pull I snapped it on at around 7500 rpm. Skyward bound! I didn't ride it out because wheelies ain't my thing but it was amazing how smoothly and easily it lifted.

I don't think I want that -1 rear anymore. I think it's absolutely perfectly geared. I was afraid -1 up front would gear it a bit too low. Not so... I will say this. It's definitely gonna take more distance to top it out if I ever try. I can't snap it wide open in fourth anymore. It was still tryin' to lift the front when it hit the power band even in fourth gear. Couldn't keep the front down to do it in the distance I hit 172 indicated in last ride.

Fwiw, a lower top speed (which I may still never hit) is a perfectly acceptable trade-off for the benefits down low and the throttle steering capabilities. This was my best mod yet!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
You'll get used to the pull pretty quickly and naturally compensate with body position to keep the wheel down. 7.5k is exactly where i hit it in second for clutchless wheelies. Soooo easy. It'll ride them out well below the balance point to the limiter. glad you're enjoying the cheepest, most bennificial mod there is for the 10!!

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Welcome to the 16t club I'm suprised so many guys gripe about this one, I'll never figure it out. For anyone that rides in any traffic the 16t is a must in my opinion, I have said it before -1/-1 would probably be the best gearing set up for the 10, I plan on doing it when I replace my chain.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Frankyoz, according to the gearing calc, -1/-1 is supper close to -0/+1. Within 2 mhp on the top end. Much easier to find rear sprokets too.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
The -1 sprocket is definately a must on this bike. I knew you wouldn't want to go with the +1 on the back after you tried it out.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Wow! I want to do the mod (16t) but the $29 is not the only cost. Ya gotta get the dang speedo healer/ yellow box at $100 to make up for the error....

My stock speedo is off 3.5 mph at 60 (reads 63.5 at true gps 60). With the 16t it will be off by 8-9 mph.

I still have NOT tried a full top end run because I need half of Texas to clear it with the way the 10 eats road. (hit 145 by the gps this week, bike read 153)

I WANT the extra acceleration rush though...and the bike would still do 170 if pushed...hmmmm
Hep me decide BD !!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Austin10RPowers said:
Wow! I want to do the mod (16t) but the $29 is not the only cost. Ya gotta get the dang speedo healer/ yellow box at $100 to make up for the error....

My stock speedo is off 3.5 mph at 60 (reads 63.5 at true gps 60). With the 16t it will be off by 8-9 mph.

I still have NOT tried a full top end run because I need half of Texas to clear it with the way the 10 eats road. (hit 145 by the gps this week, bike read 153)

I WANT the extra acceleration rush though...and the bike would still do 170 if pushed...hmmmm
Hep me decide BD !!
The rush is unfugginbelieveable man. It's a whole different bike with the 16t. The quotes in my Super Streetbike BOTY thread were used to describe a stock 10. I have to wonder what they would have said if they had rode a 10 with -1/front gearing. I've never rode or drove anything as insane as Diablo is now, including my busa. It's absolutely AWESOME!!!

And yeah, you're right about the cost of the SpeedoHealer. Trust me though, it's worth every penny. I can't imagine anything else short of NOS or a turbo makin' the 10 as insane as the 16t/SpeedoHealer combo. For just over $100 for the sprocket and SH I agree that this simply has to be the best bang for the buck available for a 10R.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sp500 said:
Damn it, now your getting me excited... 16t hmmmm.
Don't do it... unless you really do want to ride the sickest non-turbo, non-NOS, "stock" streetbike in the WORLD...

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Since i was lame informing El Diablo about the OEM 03 Z1000 CS sprocket mod i'll let you know its an option to the aftermarket sprockets avail. It does contain the rubber damper just as our OEM did so now you've been duly notified.

BD

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
OK SP you're next. You want to be cool don't you?

Only gaywads run with 17t sprockets.:wink:

·
Registered
314 Posts
El Diablo , I'm sure whatever you do for a living you do well, but you gotta get into sales mate - you will make a fortune. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts