Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sport rider will test the Kawasaki and Fireblade next issue...

COVER STORY: FIRST RIDES 2004!!

Honda and Kawasaki fire the first salvos in the highly anticipated open-class wars

Honda CBR1000RR--Big Red finally upgrades the CBR to full literbike status, and adds a liberal dose of MotoGP technology

* New Bridgestone buns
* Honda Electronic Steering Damper

Kawasaki ZX-10R--Team Green pulls no punches as the long-awaited replacement to the 9R makes its debut

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
first ride

I will look forward to it with eager anticipation. However, I seldom agree with their editorial point of view. I would be more excited about an GB magazine test. They just seem to get it right, more consistantly.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: first ride

zeta xray said:
I will look forward to it with eager anticipation. However, I seldom agree with their editorial point of view. I would be more excited about an GB magazine test. They just seem to get it right, more consistantly.
Talking of GB mag tests, this Wednesday 4th Feb, MCN will publish a full blown definitive head to head test between the Ten-R the 04 Blade and the 04Gixxer 1k, as follows: -

1. On the Dyno (Dynojet 250)
2. Top speed runs
3. Acceleration
4. On the road ability comparison

I just can’t wait to see how the Kawa compares, though it’s a shame the R1’s not available yet – I wonder what it has up its sleeve??

I’ll try to scan and post the article as soon as possible….. :D :D

·
Registered
155 Posts

10r_Geezer said:
zeta xray said:
Talking of GB mag tests, this Wednesday 4th Feb, MCN will publish a full blown definitive head to head test between the Ten-R the 04 Blade and the 04Gixxer 1k, as follows: -

2. Top speed runs
3. Acceleration

I just can’t wait to see how the Kawa compares, though it’s a shame the R1’s not available yet – I wonder what it has up its sleeve??

You the man G. 8)

·
Registered
250 Posts

zeta xray said:
Couldn't agree more.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts

10r_Geezer said:
zeta xray said:

2. Top speed runs
3. Acceleration

Don't forget us Geezer. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keep in mind it's only a "first ride," which means a written/paper report of Homestead - it won't be a full test - we'll have to wait at least another month for the US mags to get a full test together.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The zx10 has already been ridden by journos @ Homestead about 3 weeks ago, either way its plenty to get happy about as the release to dealers is getting closer.

BD

·
Registered
155 Posts

10r_Geezer said:
zeta xray said:

2. Top speed runs
3. Acceleration

Hey G, whenever your ready to scan we are ready to read! :wink:

·
Registered
262 Posts

NinjaJoe said:
10r_Geezer said:
zeta xray said:

2. Top speed runs
3. Acceleration

Hey G, whenever your ready to scan we are ready to read! :wink:
I've just got in from work, and i'm scanning now, however, i have to go out again soon, but i'll post as much as i can now, then the rest later hopefully..

IT AINT GOOD READING THOUGH!!!!
:cry: :cry:
stand by...

·
Registered
250 Posts
swft said:
So, the 10R came in third in their test!
Well I think it was a test for best "road" bike. Or so it seemed to me. And its a set of two different standards for each. When I got the 636 the reviewers were saying it's an ok, to bad street bike. But a great bike for the track. They were right. It was uncomfortable as hell, wiggly on the street, but total bliss on the track. All I care about now is how it performs on the track. I can take care of the other aspects by myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts