Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just back from afghanistan and the first item on my list of 'to dos' after roughing up the wife and soaking my liver in booze was to take the bike out for a nice long ride on the back country roads of yamaguchi japan. officially yesterday was my first ride when i picked my bike up from a local mechanic's shop. love japanese efficiency. dropped the bike off in december and with my broken japanese told him i'd be back some time in june/july to pick it up. showed up to his shop yesterday and while he's working on a customer's bike, sees me coming in. without saying a word he stops what he's doing walks over to my bike, pulls a cover off it, wheels it out the door, starts it up and hands me the keys with nothing more than a quick nod goes back to work. looked like he detailed the bike it was so clean.

great ride today. not quite used to the humidity yet but it wasn't too bad at 80 degrees.

couple more pics from my deployment. i was a jtac with task force 1/3 in helmand province. all in all not a bad deployment, just glad to be back with 10 fingers/toes...

Attachments

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
WOW! Incredible pictures man. Thanks for sharing.. Glad ya got a good ride in also, well deserved..

Asian efficiency is unrivaled..

Thanks for everything.. If you have more pics, post em up!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Nice pix man! Don't feel too bad it's been 8 months since I last rode. I'm feenin to get back in the saddle!

·
Registered
81 Posts
ya great pics brother im in Kwohst Province right now on the paki border only 60 days left in this motherfucker and then its back on the 10 for me to congrats on the makin it home.

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya great pics brother im in Kwohst Province right now on the paki border only 60 days left in this motherfucker and then its back on the 10 for me to congrats on the makin it home.
going to be a hot mofo there this summer. take care, keep your head down and safe trip back.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
welcome back bro

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Damn good to have you back home man!!!! we appreciate the service and hope you get plenty or riding in now bud!!!! and thanks for the pics too!!

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts