Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Ive got a track bike down here in australia and I do a fair few track days at the island. this question is aimed at people who have owned a first gen track bike and know a bit about suspension and setting it up.

Ive got a front cartridge kit and a rear revalved shock with a spring for my wieght on the bike along with a ride hieght nut that raises the back a fair bit as well.. I was down at the track yesterday and after banging my head on the wall trying to set a 190 55 profile rear tyre up, I finally decided to give the 180 55 rear a go. The result was like night and day. the bike decided to hold its line, turn in like I ment to and felt great.

Any idea how to set up so its the same way on a 190 55 rear as well?

Cheers!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey guys,

Ive got a track bike down here in australia and I do a fair few track days at the island. this question is aimed at people who have owned a first gen track bike and know a bit about suspension and setting it up.

Ive got a front cartridge kit and a rear revalved shock with a spring for my wieght on the bike along with a ride hieght nut that raises the back a fair bit as well.. I was down at the track yesterday and after banging my head on the wall trying to set a 190 55 profile rear tyre up, I finally decided to give the 180 55 rear a go. The result was like night and day. the bike decided to hold its line, turn in like I ment to and felt great.

Any idea how to set up so its the same way on a 190 55 rear as well?

Cheers!
hey mate i have wayne maxwells old 05mdl zx10r and its great as a trackbike, i run a 190 rear, go and see stewart winton at Sw Racing, he kows that model zx10 very well and knows how to get them to work, he is usualy at the Island doing the suspension evaluations, i have the 30mm ohlins kit in the forks and ohlins shock and its an awsome bike, go and see stu, if he cant make it handle then i dont know who can.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate.

Yea had a chat with him . he put my cartridges in and will follow him up a bit. Although I would really like to learn myself the ins and outs of what is wrong with the bike etc etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts