Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard there's gonna be a 1st annual Bike Week down in Miami on Labor Day weekend? Any of you Florida guys know about this? :dontknow:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't really see anything about it? I think u have to join the site to really look thru it? Are u a member there?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow maybe there isn't one then? :dontknow:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
It's not a "real" bike week but they are trying.
The biggest "event" is a kind of hit and miss bike and accessory show at the coconut grove convention center.
Probably a stunt crew out front.

The also try to get some clubs/ restaurants to host events but it all gets lost in the city.

last year's link http://www.bikeweekmiami.com/

Not sure why they say 1st ann.
They have been trying for years although last year was the 1st they really tried to begin a "bike week."

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So theres nothin going on Labor Day weekend?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Not really sure, couldn't find anything on the web either. Seems like I saw a commercial a while ago but it might have been father's day weekend:dontknow:

Still could be another around labor day. If I hear/see something definite I'll post here.
There are a few groups trying to get shows going and kind of competing. Best one yet had Indian Larry and Paul Jaffe. Billy Lane another year (used to live in Miami for a while) met him before he got "famous."

Maybe it is LD weekend and the 1st annual because the hurricane cancelled it last year at that time?? we'll see.

Anyway, they are basically a bike show in a convention center with a stunt show out front. The other events are scattered and it is all mostly Harley oriented.

Can't compare it to even Daytona Bikeoberfest- my b-day weekend, around 10/21 every year.
More like a bunch of bike nights plus the "show" at convention center.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhhi see. Thanx for shedding some light on it zx10miami. I'll probably just stay local for that weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts