Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

first 2019/20 bmw s1000rr dyno... 206rwhp?

11K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  Older Guy 
#1 ·
this thing is going to be a monster, esp with the shiftcam bringing in much more midrange
despite all the power, early reviews say its incredibly easy to ride, and comfortable.
kawa needs to step it up!
and lol it beat the duc with 100cc less

#3 · (Edited)
206whp!! That's so insane! I remember being shocked when shopping for my bike in 2013 and reading that guys were getting 170whp after Archer's flash. 170hp! OMG How am I not going to kill myself with that much power? lol Thank God for modern tires and traction control.

#6 ·
really? i think the new one looks fantastic... to each their own

if kawa doesnt come out with something to keep up next year ill probably be switching

nothing wrong with my 10r i love it, but its getting up in mileage and id be switching to a new bike next year anyway... was really hoping to 2019 zx10r would have some more significant improvements but they didnt really do much.

#7 ·
I'm sure it's going to be an awesome bike in a number of ways but I'll withhold judgement on the dyno numbers until a few more folks get their hands on them. Even better, I'd love to line up with them. :)

Back in 2010 I recall people running around screaming about BMW's new monster sportbike that made 190rwhp STOCK!!!!...they didn't. Back in 2016 there were some dyno posts and videos about the new ZX-10R that made 195rwhp STOCK!!!!....they didn't. For reference, on the dyno where my Gen 5 was tuned (193rwhp) the strongest 2015+ full bolt-on BMWs make high 180's to the wheel. I expect the new one to be stronger but 206rwhp STOCK!!!!...we'll see. :)

#13 ·
comment from the dyno operator... looks like no aprilia in test :(

Paul Fryer
2 days ago
Yes I do run my dyno with DJHP correction. This brings the figures obtained more in line with what other dyno operators get. For instance, I know of another 2019 BMW S1000RR that was on another dyno and they recorded a figure of 205bhp. If we put up the non DJHP figure of 170bhp I would get more questions about why we are 35bhp down on all the other reports. This way, I can publish figures that match other dynos and are what people expect to see. I maintain the settings so that true comparisons can be made and when you see the dyno results of the ZX10RR, GSXR1000R, R1M, CBR1000RR SP1 and Ducati V4S then you will be able to see that they were all recorded using the same settings. If I really wanted to mess with people I could have used a different correction factor (ISA instead of SAE) and got 213bhp!!

#14 ·
Gasoline engines have no future. All this is the day before yesterday. Only electric traction!
All modern manufacturers of sport bikes simply cease to exist, because they did not invest in innovation. Nothing new has been invented in the last 30 years.
BMW, Kawasaki, Honda, SUZUKI, Yamaha - just dinosaurs

#15 ·
A BMW motorcycle engineer said it was the latest thermal engine they will ever develop. They are switching to electric now. Not saying that all their bikes will be electric by tomorrow though.

Anyway the new S1000RR will be the replacement of my ZX10R. Even if it was 190HP, the electronic is so good and the dash so clear that it is worth the change.

Sorry Kawi, but you need to step up!

#16 ·
I hear a lot of people saying that sportbikes nowadays have "too much HP". I strongly disagree, and think this saying is really counterproductive.
1. People have ALWAYS said sportbike have too much HP, even back in the 80's with 140/150HP. And yes I am old enough to remember :(
2. Riders are in sportbike for the power, there is no such a thing as too much when it is manageable.
3. Even before the advance of electronic, the HP on a sportbike is very manageable, it comes progressively and linearly. Be gentle on the throttle. (not necessarily the case with two stroke engines)
4. Pass 50mph, you are dead in any collision anyway. A 40HP bike is capable of 100MPH, it will not make a difference when you are t-boned by a car. (Haters will hate, but face it, it is physics and biology combined)
5. The advantage of sportbikes over "beginner" bikes is that all the equipment is top of the line: better chassis, better suspension, better brake, better electronic, better tires.
6. You sure don't use 170, 200 whatever HP in the traffic during your daily commute. But track days are there so we can enjoy our sportbike, and it redeems all the misery we put up during winter time.

So please stop saying sportbikes have "too much HP", this give sport riders a bad press, and your insurance premium will go up.

#18 ·
Big numbers on a bike that is already easier to ride than the Kawasaki. While I expect the actual rwhp numbers to be closer to 190 ish, the carbon wheels and chassis will truly make this bike amazing.

The ZX10 is good, and with mods just as powerful, but it suffers in the weight and chassis....the BMW is just that much better.

ill keep my 10RR for a few more years and then switch. (I already have a BMW now) Maybe by then Kawi will up their game even more.

#48 ·
from the magazine: by Chris Ulrich....The 2020 BMW Sl000RR makes a claimed 205 bhp and 83 lbs.-ft. of torque at the rear wheel. Power delivery is very linear and easy to control, with 73 lbs.-ft. of torque at 4,500 rpm and building from there thanks to variable valve timing and variable-length velocity stacks. Full advanced electronics and a new chassis help.

#49 ·
Thanks for sharing that. My conclusion is that the editor has confused bhp for wheel power, since BMW doesn't specify. Either that or BMW has somehow managed to pull 30-40 horsepower over it's rivals. I am incredulous at that. And it contradicts other sources I have read, e.g. https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/bmw/s1000rr/2019/ , https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/bikes/bmw/2019-bmw-s1000rr-review

So yeah, I'm sure it's a great bike but BMW are engineers not miracle workers.

#51 ·
I just talked to Irv Seaver BMW - they have deposits on 14 bikes and most coming in are the M package with the carbon wheels....he said around $23,000. Bike comes in Red for other models and tri color for the M model. No black until next year. 17 bikes total coming in by August. He said his 2015 is 200 RWHP and these are stronger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.