Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a very sexy 08 ZX-10 but ever since I've had it, it very rarely goes from 2nd into neutral. Most of the time it skips straight to 1st.

Is this normal for this bike / tranny?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've got a very sexy 08 ZX-10 but ever since I've had it, it very rarely goes from 2nd into neutral. Most of the time it skips straight to 1st.

Thanks in advance
:+1:,my 06 is the same sometimes it goes from1st/2nd,2nd/1st four times before i get neutral!:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
You're pressing on the lever too hard. I never have the issue, I use GP shift on Vortex rearsets so I'm a little higher than stock but never have the issue, it just takes an easy tap to get there.

·
Registered
916 Posts
:+1:

right.....nice'n easy does it...

·
Registered
308 Posts

Thanks in advance
Yes, its normal. It also has a positive neutral. When in first at a stop no matter how hard you shift up it finds neutral.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It could also be a warped clutch. Clutch gets to hot and plates warp. Tranny doesn't like to go into neutral. Just a thought.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Every bike I've had will go straight from 2nd to 1st and skip neutral...but will go into neutral from a stop from 1st-up.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I can get mine from 2nd to neutral without problems, I think you other guys hitting the shifter too hard. :crackup:
Try it with a bit less power and it will go very easy after a while of practice :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Stop your bike completely and you will be amazed how "quickly" you find neutral :D

...thats because there is built in auto-neutral-finder. No matter in what gear are you in, if you stop and push lever, neutral comes up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
stop your bike completely and you will be amazed how "quickly" you find neutral :d

...thats because there is built in auto-neutral-finder. No matter in what gear are you in, if you stop and push lever, neutral comes up.
:+1:

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've been having trouble with this too. Makes stoppies a pain when you're struggling to find neutral. On my last bike I was running a GP shift pattern. Seems much easier to finesse it into neutral using the GP pattern as the smoother touch can be had by pulling up your toe rather than pushing down.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's not you..it's the bike. The 06, I could be traveling a lil under 15 MPG and jam it north from 1st gear to find neutral..no problem. The 08...doesn't happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts