Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a very sexy 08 ZX-10 but ever since I've had it, it very rarely goes from 2nd into neutral. Most of the time it skips straight to 1st.

Is this normal for this bike / tranny?

Thanks in advance

· Registered
916 Posts
:+1:

right.....nice'n easy does it...

· Registered
916 Posts
I can get mine from 2nd to neutral without problems, I think you other guys hitting the shifter too hard. :crackup:
Try it with a bit less power and it will go very easy after a while of practice :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

· Registered
375 Posts
Stop your bike completely and you will be amazed how "quickly" you find neutral :D

...thats because there is built in auto-neutral-finder. No matter in what gear are you in, if you stop and push lever, neutral comes up.

· Registered
641 Posts
I've been having trouble with this too. Makes stoppies a pain when you're struggling to find neutral. On my last bike I was running a GP shift pattern. Seems much easier to finesse it into neutral using the GP pattern as the smoother touch can be had by pulling up your toe rather than pushing down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.