Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my M1 endorsment today.....I think that the driving test was the hardest thing I've done on the bike...........

·
Registered
417 Posts
Fixer said:
I got my M1 endorsment today.....I think that the driving test was the hardest thing I've done on the bike...........
really hope you are kidding about the test being hard??????????

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks.

Me not dropping the bike going 3mph...leaning the bike to the left while I was off to the right is not something I am used to. I'm still a noob.

I have not had to do that, so I was not used to it. Maybe that and the fact that if I dropped it I failed and would scratch my bike... I Dont know.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Congrats, but be very, very careful out there. Build your confidence and experience at the same rate. Don't push it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
congrats! the second course is also good to take

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Congrates!.................They didnt tell you that you dont have to stay between the lines perfectly....
All the want to see is you can control the bike.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RickRoush03 said:
congrats! the second course is also good to take

I didnt do the MSF $200 thing. I went right to the DMV and did it there. The CMSP offered a "Free Ride", the experienced rider course that they do for the MSF class. I took that. But it was nothing like what I had to do at the DMV.

jstwkd1 said:
Congrates!.................They didnt tell you that you dont have to stay between the lines perfectly....
All the want to see is you can control the bike.
She said, keep the tires between the lines.... While I was out there I was like, great I failed, only the rear was staying in.

The worst part was that right before I went, a guy on a SV650 went. She walked him through it. He came back to me and said, if you put a foot down its a fail. That is a little harsh. He did his 1st part, went to turn into the circle and dropped the bike. :sad: He fell and rolled. Turns out, you can put your foot down, but dropping it fails the test. It took me two tries for each of the 3 things she wanted me to do.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
go to a parking lot and practice doing slow slalom with only the throttle hand...that helps! :ayyy:

Congrats on the liscense f'sho!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Sh!t!.............One foot down here and you fail. But the deal is your can go outside the lines a bit(not huge) but make it around. I just dropped the bike in, sped up and had to have the bars all the way to lock. It was much easier with some speed and feathering the clutch than trying to keep the wheels perfectly in the lines.
The guy at the DMV did say most people show up on a street legal 50cc bike. He also told me mine was one of the hardest bikes to pass on. He said most fail on a crotch rocket.

Congrats again man!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
the real beauty of the m1 endorsement, to me anyway, is that, as time goes on, your insurance rates will fall...just learned this lesson when my rates dropped only a year after a claim on my bike...they said that i just passed 20 years liscensed for motorcycles...also , take care on the rocket:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jstwkd1 said:
Sh!t!.............One foot down here and you fail. But the deal is your can go outside the lines a bit(not huge) but make it around. I just dropped the bike in, sped up and had to have the bars all the way to lock. It was much easier with some speed and feathering the clutch than trying to keep the wheels perfectly in the lines.
The guy at the DMV did say most people show up on a street legal 50cc bike. He also told me mine was one of the hardest bikes to pass on. He said most fail on a crotch rocket.

Congrats again man!

I've heard of people doing that too...I was told to get a scooter and do it on that. I'm also hearing from people that they are suprised that I passed it on the 10. I slipped the clutch but I think nerves had me going...I couldnt think of anything but passing.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Congrats, the georgia test is a joke.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts