Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i decided to go back to the track and see if i could beat my best time my last outing and nailed a new personal best :eek:ccasion1 track prep was pretty good and temps was in low 70 degrees. didnt change nothing on the bike since my last outing but here is a run down on the passes i made. let me no wat you think.

Run no#1
1.540 60ft.
4.130 330ft.
5.901 594ft.
6.116 1/[email protected]

Run no#2
1.536 60ft.
4.127 330ft.
5.891 594ft.
6.007 1/[email protected]

Run no#3
1.528 60ft.
4.113 330ft.
5.873 594ft.
5.998 1/[email protected]

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good runs..what kinda fuel and whats ur weight..bike got faster every pass;)

Hard to believe 4 teens in the 330' net u a 590..i have to go 390 330' to get a 590...second gear must be a mofo..NICE

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
whoo ho ho!!! niiiice dude. Im goin out tonight so try it out. youre doin some work on that sucker though. Are you still runnin -2/+2?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
badass man. congrats
thx cook... just trying to keep up with you fast guys :wink:

Good runs..what kinda fuel and whats ur weight..bike got faster every pass;)

Hard to believe 4 teens in the 330' net u a 590..i have to go 390 330' to get a 590...second gear must be a mofo..NICE
thx man... MRX01 for fuel and i weight 200 pounds suited. the gearing helps but these bikes dont like to leave soft so you gota get them rpms up there and they run the number.

whoo ho ho!!! niiiice dude. Im goin out tonight so try it out. youre doin some work on that sucker though. Are you still runnin -2/+2?
thx man and yep same gear... you'll love the gear man it def wake your bike up... just make sure you got that front end strap down and them rpms up and she run some good times man... let us no how it goes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Ill post back. This time I wont fuck my GoPro for the 3rd time. Let you guys know. Im still running +5 rear. Eventually Im gonna pick up a -1 for the front and be about the same. When are you going out next?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Congrats I knew it was coming was just a matter of when. :eek:ccasion1:

bloo

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill post back. This time I wont fuck my GoPro for the 3rd time. Let you guys know. Im still running +5 rear. Eventually Im gonna pick up a -1 for the front and be about the same. When are you going out next?
cool man... i would love to have me one of them Gopro they are nice maybe the gf will surprise me with one for my bday coming up soon :mrgreen: but -1 +5 is same as -2 +2 so you get the same benefits. i wouldve went with that gearing but didnt order enough chain for the +5. ima try to go back to the track in next couple of weeks. did you eva go to the track this weekend ?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
thx bloo... i new it had it in her just had to get the rider right :wink:

thx madness... hows the 14 coming along ? i seen you shinin on the cover of the magazine :thumbsup:
Thank you ZX, Bike still running pretty strong :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
cool man... i would love to have me one of them Gopro they are nice maybe the gf will surprise me with one for my bday coming up soon :mrgreen: but -1 +5 is same as -2 +2 so you get the same benefits. i wouldve went with that gearing but didnt order enough chain for the +5. ima try to go back to the track in next couple of weeks. did you eva go to the track this weekend ?
Im ok with the +5, it has me stretched out about 5 over, leaves me about 6 over when I go back to my street gear. I figure if I drop one up front itll proll give me 1/4-1/2" more WB. funny you mention your GF suprising you with one for your bday, wanna guess how I got mine? hahaha. I actually was there last night! new personal best, and still workin my way down without the proper tire. 6.853 @ 113.35 mph. I wish I had 330', but we dont get those. My 60' is still hangin in at 1.9x though. Everytime I tried to WOT or get the clutch out real fast it just spun. Slid it out slow to the 60' mark and it was aiite comin off the line at 7k. Just waitin for this PP to run outta life and its shinko time!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im ok with the +5, it has me stretched out about 5 over, leaves me about 6 over when I go back to my street gear. I figure if I drop one up front itll proll give me 1/4-1/2" more WB. funny you mention your GF suprising you with one for your bday, wanna guess how I got mine? hahaha. I actually was there last night! new personal best, and still workin my way down without the proper tire. 6.853 @ 113.35 mph. I wish I had 330', but we dont get those. My 60' is still hangin in at 1.9x though. Everytime I tried to WOT or get the clutch out real fast it just spun. Slid it out slow to the 60' mark and it was aiite comin off the line at 7k. Just waitin for this PP to run outta life and its shinko time!
def throw the -1 on the front bc it will help get you outa the hole quicker and lower that 60... hopefully she surprise me with something good bc she knows how much i love my baby :wink: wat air pressure you runnin in the pp and how is the track prep where you run at ? congrats on the new personal best :thumbsup: stay on that seat and them times will drop even more for ya.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
prep was semi decent. Nothing I was too thrilled about though. I lowered the shit outta the pressure in it, I cant find my damn guage, but I think it was about 18, maybe 20. The tire flexed a bit when I pushed on it (not really hard). At this point, gettin outta the hole is a tire issue unfortunately, if I try to 60ft better than the 1.9s Ive been doing, I just light off the rear more than anything else. Hell at one point, I spun at the 100ft mark from the power coming in, but I think I botched that one lol. This PP is almost done though, prolly got 2k left in it tops. Doesnt help that its a 55 either. Oh well, itll get there! dude, drop hints! or just flat out tell her. theyre freakin sweet, you can have some fun with em.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
prep was semi decent. Nothing I was too thrilled about though. I lowered the shit outta the pressure in it, I cant find my damn guage, but I think it was about 18, maybe 20. The tire flexed a bit when I pushed on it (not really hard). At this point, gettin outta the hole is a tire issue unfortunately, if I try to 60ft better than the 1.9s Ive been doing, I just light off the rear more than anything else. Hell at one point, I spun at the 100ft mark from the power coming in, but I think I botched that one lol. This PP is almost done though, prolly got 2k left in it tops. Doesnt help that its a 55 either. Oh well, itll get there! dude, drop hints! or just flat out tell her. theyre freakin sweet, you can have some fun with em.
damn dat track must of been pretty shitty at 18-20 psi and still didnt hook for ya... have you try adjusting your shock yet ? and ima be butterin her up till my bday man :wink:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
damn dat track must of been pretty shitty at 18-20 psi and still didnt hook for ya... have you try adjusting your shock yet ? and ima be butterin her up till my bday man :wink:
just went to full soft. dude, keep workin your magic. youll get one, I think theyre down to 199 right now, so not toooo bad. great present if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just went to full soft. dude, keep workin your magic. youll get one, I think theyre down to 199 right now, so not toooo bad. great present if you ask me.
oh ok... honestly i be happy with anything bc she's already awsome :mrgreen: but i keep that in mind.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts