Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this work?

:crackup:

Ok, here it is……114 links 520 16/40 the chain is on the loose side but not to loose it will jump the sprocket:

Going to try to drag it hopefully soon and see if the extra length helps out. This will only be a short test of course because the chain will stretch and will have to go back to 112 links. :sad: but I think it’s going to be better, new chain, everything oiled good the back wheels spins so easy now with the new chain and sprockets and rear tire. SWB though all the way but who said I couldn't cheat a little :wink: :lol:

PS...please no advice to go with a bigger Rear Sprocket...the 16/40 is my limit for the HWY ride....It's got over 20k miles but we do 10.0s flat stock but can ride home after that on the HWY in comfort without the extra revs...that is the reason I like that gear setup..thanks

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you forgot the split pin.:headshake
you mean safety PIN?...this is not off my lift yet and didn't finish in this picture...plus you forgot to mention the adjusters have not been dialed back to safety position :heyyou::beer:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
you mean safety PIN?...this is not off my lift yet and didn't finish in this picture...plus you forgot to mention the adjusters have not been dialed back to safety position :heyyou::beer:
split, safety, cotter pin whatever they call it.
Yeah I saw the adjusters were not up to the collars. I thought I leave that out and see if you pick on that in your reply.Testing you.....:badteeth:
So the question begs. When you hitting the strip with the stretched bike?:mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
split, safety, cotter pin whatever they call it.
Yeah I saw the adjusters were not up to the collars. I thought I leave that out and see if you pick on that in your reply.Testing you.....:badteeth:
So the question begs. When you hitting the strip with the stretched bike?:mrgreen:
lol stetched bike :crackup:

hopefully next wed.

Maddness, we have a test and tune here quikgix says our track is faster even though in his same setups he ran faster in Bakersfield :rolleyes: Talking to one of my friends that works the track here he says the line concrete needs to be re-done. As it would be nice to meet you guys and do some testing/runs out there that's a long way to go for something I have 14miles away :badteeth:...but will give it some thought though so it's possible :headshake :dontknow::thumbsup:

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
You should come down and have fun with us! anthony (quickgix), Uri from colorrite and a friend of mine with an 08 busa are going with us that day!! Oh and by the way I think you're gonna cut 1.40s 60ft with that stretch. :badteeth:

·
Registered
318 Posts
He probably meant cotter pin but that would be pepper from the fly shit just like the word safety when you know what split means...LOL

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He probably meant cotter pin but that would be pepper from the fly shit just like the word safety when you know what split means...LOL
:screwy:

Don't matter it was short lived, took the bike out for a quick ride(15miles). I opened it up hard hitting the Hwy in second and the bike pulled very hard but the front didn't get as much air as it usually does just skimmed the road. I thought, hell yeah if it works like that for me on the strip I should be in business.

When I got home though the chain stretched even more(break-in)...It's a no go for me and am now back to 112 links with much more room to go fully back in SWB form.

NO matter, even though it's a hand full at the strip at the same time it's a blast even though it's so short with all that HP. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
As good as you say you are you should be runing 9.60's stock wheelbase anyways...LOL

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As good as you say you are you should be runing 9.60's stock wheelbase anyways...LOL
I never said I was all that great, I have been around this site a lot longer than you :screwy: I run about what the normal guy Runs that is 215lbs fully Suited.

Stay off my thread!!!!!!! :heyyou:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Why dont you bring a stock any year 10r and run 9.60s here in the west?

Problem with east coast Draggers there’re Definition of Stock is totally different of what we think it is on the West Coast. I’ve posted this video before but it shows the thinking of some of these guys. A zx14 Modified against what the Guy says is a STOCK Hayabusa.

When you look at the Video you will see a Full System on the busa, he doesn’t even need to foot shift(look at his feet) and who in the heck knows what other tricks are underneath like a PCIII tuned to MR9 or something.

Now, when I say stock MR. Nukedog I mean as stock as you can get from the SHOWROOM FLOOR, buy the 10R from the Dealer, lower strap and gear for the track, throw a slip-on for Sound(not performance) NO PCIII TUNING…NOTHING ELSE(other than the 20,000miles the bike has :rolleyes: ) Then go try on MY TRACK weighing 215+ Suited up.

Fastest what I call STOCK that I’ve have seen on the Track I run was a very good rider with a NEW Hayabusa, I believe with just a slip-on lowered and strapped. He got high 9.5s only after he strapped it 9.7s before that. So that bike has considerable more HP than my bike and a MUCH LONGER WHEELBASE so wheelies in first he don’t have to worry about like a 10R that is as short as or shorter than most 600cc bikes.

With that all said I think I’m doing just about right but always room for improvement. :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wasnt mine considered stock? I had a stock motor in it?
This is your quote from another Thread

My best on my 10 before I stetched it was a [email protected] 140.
I weigh much more than you as you know and my best is [email protected] 142mph.

The thing is what pipe did you have, gearing, PCs if at all or was it just lowered and strapped from the SHOWROOM FLOOR?

Anyway Anthony, if you come down to Sac. again let me know, not sure if I can ride out to meet you guys in Bakersfield...have fun for the T&T :thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
This is your quote from another Thread

I weigh much more than you as you know and my best is [email protected] 142mph.

The thing is what pipe did you have, gearing, PCs if at all or was it just lowered and strapped from the SHOWROOM FLOOR?

Anyway Anthony, if you come down to Sac. again let me know, not sure if I can ride out to meet you guys in Bakersfield...have fun for the T&T :thumbsup:
[email protected] with a slip on, lowered and strapped. [email protected] with a full system, PC,quick shifter,lowered and strapped,SWB.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[email protected] with a slip on, lowered and strapped. [email protected] with a full system, PC,quick shifter,lowered and strapped,SWB.

Well, according to NukeDog you should be doing 9.6s with Slip on. :lol:

As I stated before I have been on this site so long and read the time slips from rider weights and PURE stock bikes the magical # always is 9.98-9.99s...any other mods the time goes down sometimes in bunches. :wink::eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
your gonna need longer bolts

read the whole thread guy...It was a NO GO for 114 links back to stock..but your right if you talking about the adjusters they don't even go that far bak..no worries though for a 1/4 mile.:cool:

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
read the whole thread guy...It was a NO GO for 114 links back to stock..but your right if you talking about the adjusters they don't even go that far bak..no worries though for a 1/4 mile.:cool:
But if you want to get some longer bolts you can always get them at the hardware store!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts