Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being on this forum for a few years and hearing everyones squid GSXR stories mine finally happened yesterday. I got seriously gitty because I knew it was about to happen. I am going to do my best to explain this but it was one of those you had to be there scenarios. Cruising home from work (I am in AF and in uniform) minding my own little business I see this 600 GSXR up in front of me. We are on a major highway and I was slow cruising at about 80. I am just watching this dude weave in and out of traffic, banging through his gears. Well there is one light on this highway and somehow through all his weaving work he only ends up 3 cars in front of me. I see him looking back at me at this point waving his head trying to get me to come up to him. Light changes and I just maintain my same speed. I am in uniform and I don't play games while I am representing the military. The guy is now in the right lane doing 40 so he can be next to me. Then he does his GSXR rev at me. Again I don't play while I'm in uniform. Finally I swear this happened he creeps back to see what my bike was and he pulls up next to me and does this hand wave that only I can believe was I don't want any. At this point I am laughing. So he drops his 4 gears and takes off weaving in out of traffic once again. Sorry for the long drawn out story but I had share my GSXR story finally.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are tough to read they are black on the blue bike. Minus the lime Green R. Maybe it was the R

·
Registered
279 Posts
Lol I took my stickers off also so I could have fun watching people guess what kinda bike it is. I have the only 3rd gen 10 around here and only about a dozen people know. I get much respect for it though, On another note not to Thread jack but are you still in Ft Walton Beach and if so is everyone going crazy cause the Miami Heat are there

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yes they. They were on base today down in the hanger. Couple guys went down there. Said lebron was a real dick. I was not surprised

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Good story.....i like the "So he drops his 4 gears and takes off" part!!!! i have nothing against gsxr's and will say that till my grave BUT i have rode several of the 6's and i swear they don't move unless you're at 10K n up!!!! i wish you could have caught a snapshot of his expression when he relized he was fuking with the "orient express" i give ya props for maintaining composure and not tearing his ass up!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could see it in his eyes the fear that he just made a boo boo and believe me I was going to just roll it in 6th and laugh. The one thing I don't do is mess around in uniform, not only does it look bad but you have no idea who is on the road in a military town. Some people are pretty anal

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lol! That is a great story!

I have removed my stickers as well and I get a lot of people thinking its a 636. That's okay with me, they'll soon realize it is more than that if they ever decide to race :)

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Excellent story!

I wish I could remove stickers and get away with it...but since I am riding a wheel-barrow, it sort of suggests something more than a 600 when looking at the rear of the bike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hmmm.... Gsxr600 to a 10, sounds evenly matched to me. Lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I owned one it was my first bike shhhhhh. Thats why I laughed so hard when I saw him banging all his gears out. I could relate, but his douchyness out surpassed me relating to having to shift every milisecond

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
haha yes they. They were on base today down in the hanger. Couple guys went down there. Said lebron was a real dick. I was not surprised
:lol: about Lebron ....I like the Stickers because I don't need the drama but it even works against other 1000s...at a light today and I know my bike looks like a 600 from behind because it's lowered than most 600s, a older R1 rides up fast from behind to only meet me at the Stop light.....there I am by my lonesome with my drag racing #7 painted on the rear cowl and front(just did the drag strip last week) with Ninja and ZX10R everywhere....don't think he wanted to mess. :headshake .....just how I like it :wink: :lol: :helmet:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a guy on a zx6 in NY want run me, when I said ok and you can use any gear you want to start in at 80 mph and go from there. He picked 3rd I did 2nd, by the time I redlined 3rd he was nowhere to be seen so I let off. About 4 seconds later he went by me. He said later he was right on my ass. I said"whatever dude!!" lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i love it when ppl rev at me. my bike is stripped in to a street fighter so most ppl dont even know what make of bike it is much more what size. usualy i just dont do anything but once in a while i will drop in to a low gear and jump out just to show them what i got..

·
Registered
994 Posts
For a while I had no tail stickers and got asked all the time by guys on 600's if it was a ZX-6R. I never raced them, I know if they had to ask they didnt know what they were in for. Squids gotta love em.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Good for you...You stood your guns and you represented your uniform well. A while back I had some guy in a 848 do that...Smoked him at 110mph on 580 going to San Jose. Then some clowns in Gixxers with t-shirts and those ICON vests come up on me. Ride side by side...Went to 100mph+ and then they were no longer to be seen.

I no longer do that since now I am in SoCal and the traffic here is brutal.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Lol! That is a great story!

I have removed my stickers as well and I get a lot of people thinking its a 636. That's okay with me, they'll soon realize it is more than that if they ever decide to race :)
For second Gen's you'd think the Dual Undertail would give it away easy, but everyone is always curious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts