Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tore my salvage bike and engine rebuild down a year ago, got it cranked this morning, finally. man, this thing sounds good. responds like a die grinder off idle. going to sync the throttle bodies today, i synced them mechanically with wire guages, and thier so close i dont think they need it, but gonna make sure everything is right. engine is quiet, for a ten, and sounds strong. may be a couple of weeks before i can dyno because of work, but im just glad to be running. mods are my own intake, exhaust, and combustion chamber work, .045 gasket, head decked .015, full radius cnc valve job, valve springs shimmed .025, small web regrinds, degreed 107 in., 104 ex., sec. blades and rods removed, throttle step blended, short stacks, timing advanced 2 degrees everywhere mechanically, clutch basket welded, clutch springs shimmed .080, and a new full ti ti force ex., 17-45 gearing. i know the dyno is gonna tell the story, but i feel good about everything. just want to say thanks for all the tech and info shared, realize i may have a way to go with dialing everything in and changes, but its not a fixture in the garage anymore.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Did I mention we like pics here? :thumbsup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
^:+1: i can read (or write) so pics are great:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
772 Posts
saweeet!!!!!!!!im super stoked for you man,glad she is finally puring.:eyecrazy:id maybe put a taller gear on it for the dyno but give me a call after you get it off the dyno!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
pics

pics are posted on this site, zx10r forum, page 1, half way down-almost finished 04 salvage rebuild. give u a call cody. thanks.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
:thumbsup: I know your happy its alive these small web cam work pretty good im sure you will be very happy, mine didnt dyno high BUT at the track they work well.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Glad its coming along for ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts