Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after almost a year of deciding what I wanted to do with my bike and a lot of help and questions answered from gazx10 (thanks again jim). I finally got everything done to my bike 08 ZX10. and got it tuned with a multi hub on 89 and VP MR12. Made 171.89 on MR12 and 167.37 on pump 89. Ryan Schnitz tuned it, He said he thinks someone before me did something with the cams or something b/c power was increasing all the way to 13.5k which is what the redline is with the flash. also was saying that the numbers are a little lower than what they should read b/c i have a shinko hook up on the rear.. anyway I was happy with the numbers but very happy with the a/f.
The gofast stuff at the time is:
Full Brocks Alienheadd
K&N race filter
flashed ECU
Secondary flies removed
kleen air mod
All short stacks
PC3
-1+4
And i think thats it as far as performance goes.

Here is a couple pics of it. BLue is on MR12 and red is Pump 89

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He was saying it read higher than other bikes with similar mods too and that it runs strong which I'm happy about.. I know the numbers don't mean muh but he was pretty happy about them too

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
hookups dont rob a little power on the dyno, they take a lot. 10+ for sure, especially if bike run pretty straight thru tuning process. good news is track performance will be there. good hp number with a hookup. good street tire would go 180+ . good info that ryan shared comparisions to ur results. that's encouraging. ridden it yet? let us know how u run.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
hookups dont rob a little power on the dyno, they take a lot. 10+ for sure, especially if bike run pretty straight thru tuning process. good news is track performance will be there. good hp number with a hookup. good street tire would go 180+ for sure. good info that ryan shared comparisions to ur results. that's encouraging. ridden it yet? let us know how u run.
+1 on the Hook killing dyno hp numbers.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
He was saying it read higher than other bikes with similar mods too and that it runs strong which I'm happy about.. I know the numbers don't mean muh but he was pretty happy about them too
But like you said, the AFR is most important.
If I may ask... What AFR did he tune MR12 for?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick I'm not sure what the af ratio was on MR12. He had a gen 2 busa in his shop with similar bolt ins that I had and it put down 173 with a hookup, then he dynoed it with a street tire and it did read almost ten more ho. I thought he was just saying that, I didn't realize they robbed that much (on the dyno)

Haven't really had a chance to ride it yet, I did a few miles yesterday to get the rest of the MR12 out of the lines after I drained it but it was cold so couldnt really get on it. I definately will today though and let you guys know how it feels

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
mr12 has a strong exhaust odor, i just drain, replace with pump and let idle. u will know when pump has made it to injectors, usually even before decent warm up temp. my tuner will not dyno tune with a hookup. they melt on his drum and make a mess, kill 10 or more hp easily from adhesion. with ur power curve, suggest a little lower gearing if u can manage bike. it will make 1/4 stripe easily geared little lower. 07 originally made 180 on pump, think u are a little stronger, ran mid 120's/5.7's and 8.8's/154 with 165-170 rider suited and mid 140 60 fts.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info Jim. I may try to go -2+2 and see how it likes it. I had a chance to take it out today and its like a whole new bike from what it was last year. I couldnt be happier. Cant wait to get it to the track and see what it can do. Still have to put the Cycle concepts clutch, brocks clutch mod and air shifter in then ill probably be done with it. I wish I would have had a harder tire on the dyno to see how much hp it really would have made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts