Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made my first passes on my 10. I got 4 runs all about the same to the 1000 foot mark.(I dont have a license so I could only run the last pass out). Best time 1.55 60 foot 6.25 1/8 mile 9.71 @141 mph. I dont know if this is good or not if anyone has any input please let me know where I'm at. Thanks, Vince

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Vince10R said:
I finally made my first passes on my 10. I got 4 runs all about the same to the 1000 foot mark.(I dont have a license so I could only run the last pass out). Best time 1.55 60 foot 6.25 1/8 mile 9.71 @141 mph. I dont know if this is good or not if anyone has any input please let me know where I'm at. Thanks, Vince
Good times for your first time out. :thumbsup: The 60FT isn't bad. How far are you extended? What gearing do you have?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ruthless Racing said:
Good times for your first time out. :thumbsup: The 60FT isn't bad. How far are you extended? What gearing do you have?
Ruthless, 6" and -1 front +2 rear. whats the trick to getting these things to leave. Its not standing up at all. I was leaving @ 9000 rpms anything less and it would lay over. What are good #'s to shoot for. Im 165 lbs in street clothes. Thanks, Vince

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Vince10R said:
Ruthless, 6" and -1 front +2 rear. whats the trick to getting these things to leave. Its not standing up at all. I was leaving @ 9000 rpms anything less and it would lay over. What are good #'s to shoot for. Im 165 lbs in street clothes. Thanks, Vince
With that much ext. you may want to go with even lower gearing. Maybe try 15/41 and then maybe 15/44. I would say on an extented bike mid to high 1.4 60FT's would be good. Get you some more gear and keep practicing you'll only get better with more seat time.:helmet:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruthless Racing said:
With that much ext. you may want to go with even lower gearing. Maybe try 15/41 and then maybe 15/44. I would say on an extented bike mid to high 1.4 60FT's would be good. Get you some more gear and keep practicing you'll only get better with more seat time.:helmet:
Ruthless, What is a good 330 time? 1/8 mile time?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Vince10R said:
Ruthless, What is a good 330 time? 1/8 mile time?
Not sure of your other mods, but 3.8-3.9 330FT you should go 5.9-6.0's for a stretched stock motor 10R. Seat time=lower ET's :helmet:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ruthless Racing said:
Not sure of your other mods, but 3.8-3.9 330FT you should go 5.9-6.0's for a stretched stock motor 10R. Seat time=lower ET's :helmet:
Any recomendations on leave rpm or clutch release techniques. stock motor, slip on, pc3 no custom map. Mph seems low to me I was thinking it may be down on power. I'm at wot in about 40 feet. I'm shifting on the factory shift light @12750. Any input would be appreciated I dont want to waste runs at the track they get crowded. I was there all day today and only got four passes. You can send me a private message or email if you dont want to post info on board. Thanks, Vince

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Vince10R said:
Any recomendations on leave rpm or clutch release techniques. stock motor, slip on, pc3 no custom map. Mph seems low to me I was thinking it may be down on power. I'm at wot in about 40 feet. I'm shifting on the factory shift light @12750. Any input would be appreciated I dont want to waste runs at the track they get crowded. I was there all day today and only got four passes. You can send me a private message or email if you dont want to post info on board. Thanks, Vince
This past w/e I was in Atlanta running Prostar and my best ET was 9.67 at 148 with a 1.66 60FT. I'm still working on getting my launch down at this height and I keep getting better each time I go. You may need to get that thing on the dyno to get her tuned. 9k sounds good, I was leaving at 9500 when I was lower. The best 60FT I had then was 1.53. Did the clutch feel alright going through the gears? Do you clutchless upshift? On a stretched bike you should be able to go WOT from the get go, I do on stock wheelbase. This is where seat time comes into play. :helmet:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruthless Racing said:
This past w/e I was in Atlanta running Prostar and my best ET was 9.67 at 148 with a 1.66 60FT. I'm still working on getting my launch down at this height and I keep getting better each time I go. You may need to get that thing on the dyno to get her tuned. 9k sounds good, I was leaving at 9500 when I was lower. The best 60FT I had then was 1.53. Did the clutch feel alright going through the gears? Do you clutchless upshift? On a stretched bike you should be able to go WOT from the get go, I do on stock wheelbase. This is where seat time comes into play. :helmet:
Ruthless, I have a muzzy air shifter no clutch needed. Getting wot on the leave should not cost me 7 MPH.( I wouldnt think) Is the factory shift light correct and whats the best shift rpm?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Vince10R said:
Ruthless, I have a muzzy air shifter no clutch needed. Getting wot on the leave should not cost me 7 MPH.( I wouldnt think) Is the factory shift light correct and whats the best shift rpm?
Right, thats why I say get it on the dyno. Your clutch may be slipping:dontknow: I believe the shift lite is right and that is where I shift.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
oneradten said:
man theres a guy here with 05 gsxr 1000 bone stock going 6.18s in the 1/8 mile !!!!
:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ruthless Racing said:
Right, that why I say get it on the dyno. Your clutch may be slipping:dontknow: I believe the shift lite is right and that is where I shift.
Ruthless, Thanks for the help will get it on the dyno probably going to tune it with U4 or MR9 to see if I can pick up a little.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Vince10R said:
Ruthless, Thanks for the help will get it on the dyno probably going to tune it with U4 or MR9 to see if I can pick up a little.
No problem. U4 is the way to go. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts