Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah as the title says i finally got a PCIII, didnt know what to expect or reallu what the difference would be, just read print on what it does and how much of a difference people saod they noticed.....but WoW, i love 10 already but wit the PCIII maaaan....i can tell a difference...i swear i feel it in the acceleration of the bike...feels like more power when in same gear at less rpms then WTO the PC..hell i swear i feel a difference even when the she is decelerating....ive only used the map that dynojet has on its site....cant wait to use one of the posted ones....the only thing negative is that my exhaust still pops on deceleration in low rpms...yeah this is just a PCIII blab at the mouth, not much to dicussm but thought i would share how much i love my ZX even more

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Cool write up man...Yeah you need a custom tune/map to get rid of the deceleration backfire/popping bs...I'm glad to here you love your bike though...I'm in the same boat lol

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
It's amazing how a decently mapped full management system brings a full exhaust to life.

Just throw some block off plates on there, or do the block off plate mod. (search), and that popping on decel should go away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
block off's huh.....I see post about peeps havin them ,but never quite got what the use for them was...kool now i know :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well worth the money, its one of the best Mods I did to my bike also. :thumbsup:

As for the popping, I don`t hear it anymore. Guess I got used to it..

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
pc3 benifits really come out with a custom tune. most of the provided maps are kind of shite.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow discovered yet another perk.....ive been wanting to bring the front up without clutch....just cause i can..lol (its a beast..duh!) its been about 2 months since ive tried to power up...and yesterday 1st whack of the throttle she came up easier and 'abit higher' then ever before...so after work i was like 'f*uck it'.......maaaaan....came right up for the highest wheelie ive ever done...i was in first so when i tried to hold it...i came down quick and was hollin ass ...guess gotta see if can whack her up in second....

·
Registered
411 Posts
wow discovered yet another perk.....ive been wanting to bring the front up without clutch....just cause i can..lol (its a beast..duh!) its been about 2 months since ive tried to power up...and yesterday 1st whack of the throttle she came up easier and 'abit higher' then ever before...so after work i was like 'f*uck it'.......maaaaan....came right up for the highest wheelie ive ever done...i was in first so when i tried to hold it...i came down quick and was hollin ass ...guess gotta see if can whack her up in second....
mine goes up in 2nd stock... :\.... (3rd as well if you whip it at just the right revs)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm yeah ive heard they do and figure they do(the beast in them) but what revs do you take it up to in 2nd or third?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I dunno about the 2nd gen (my brother's got one, but I've only ridden it a couple times)...

3rd's got a 'dead-zone' as stock before 6k.... so take it just above that (in the "green-zone" on the tacho)... wait for a huge open in the road, double-check your using protection (foot's over the rear-brake, not a condom - but both if you wanna be double-safe) and go to WOT.

- Don't do this in first until you're REALLY comfortable
- Don't do this when you're going slower than 60k's (35 miles ish maybe... i dunno)
But if you're taking your time to make sure your sitting on just over 6k's when in 2nd/3rd your easy doing 80+k's (50-55 miles? i still don't know, hahah) already, so shouldn't be a problem.
- Lean back more in 3rd if it's tricky for ya.

& like I said, not sure of the contrast between 2nd gen & 3rd... but as it's mostly the same engine... I'd presume it works the same.

·
Registered
312 Posts
yeah as the title says i finally got a PCIII, didnt know what to expect or reallu what the difference would be, just read print on what it does and how much of a difference people saod they noticed.....but WoW, i love 10 already but wit the PCIII maaaan....i can tell a difference...i swear i feel it in the acceleration of the bike...feels like more power when in same gear at less rpms then WTO the PC..hell i swear i feel a difference even when the she is decelerating....ive only used the map that dynojet has on its site....cant wait to use one of the posted ones....the only thing negative is that my exhaust still pops on deceleration in low rpms...yeah this is just a PCIII blab at the mouth, not much to dicussm but thought i would share how much i love my ZX even more
I posted up the same concern about the popping a while back when I got my bike and got some similar feedback which was quite helpful. I have a 09 with a full Muzzy M10(and block offs), BMC, power Commander with a custom map and dyno tune all of which was installed upon delivery and it has been popping the same as yours since minute one. I don't know what it would have been like doing it piece by piece but suspect it would'nt have been much different given our type of exhaust systems. Some others on this and another forum have said the same thing about the popping that have the same or similar type's of exhaust systems , IE Brocks short meg/alien head and also a Growler system. None reported any known adverse affects from the popping but at least one member has reported a 6 inch flame at night though which was pretty cool:lol:. As for me, I have gotten used to it at this point but am still very aware of it's presence none the less. The only noticeable change with the popping I have noticed is that it has calmed down a bit since the break in period. Hope this info helps man and am glad that your happy with your new toy. I can't wait for income tax season myself. Oh the possibilities :wink:. Later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah if i rev at a light then rev again immediatley....i can sometimes intentionaly get a flame to pop from the exhuast....pretty neat lil trick...but dunno if its such a good thing for my bike...cause doesnt that mean there is like un burned fuel igniting when leaving the exhaust when it should be lighting up in the engine....but its still kool lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
yeah if i rev at a light then rev again immediatley....i can sometimes intentionaly get a flame to pop from the exhuast....pretty neat lil trick...but dunno if its such a good thing for my bike...cause doesnt that mean there is like un burned fuel igniting when leaving the exhaust when it should be lighting up in the engine....but its still kool lol
:+1: to finding an answer on how bad it is for your bike...?? :heyyou:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts