Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a year of being on the fence, I finally broke down and ordered a Ohlins rear shock:thumbsup: . Ended up getting the 3 way because I wanted the pre-load adjustment. Should be here in time for the weekend. I have never ran an aftermarket shock before so I am kind of excited to feel the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Moved to performance/tech...

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
GZ

The most important aspect of an aftermarket shock is having the proper spring rate for you geared up! then its on to the finer details in making rebound/comp adjustments to suite your style/pace, etc.

BD

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the shock from Dan Kyle and talked to him personally regarding setup. He is going to set it up for me (uses the same shock on his 10). Should be able to set the sag and be pretty close. Now all I have to do is wait.................. until friday.:rolleyes:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ground Zero said:
Got the shock from Dan Kyle and talked to him personally regarding setup. He is going to set it up for me (uses the same shock on his 10). Should be able to set the sag and be pretty close. Now all I have to do is wait.................. until friday.:rolleyes:
sound great. What was the total cost (if you don't mind me asking). I'm sitting on the edge also.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Big Daddy said:
betta get off there humpty dumpty or you'll fall down. :lol:

BD
:iamwithst

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
nice looking, but outta my price range. like to hear your report on them after you test them out.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ground Zero said:
About $1000 shipped. It was between the Ohlins shock and the Carrozzeria wheels Slava was taunting us with. I figured the shock was the better of the 2 mods.
I went with the wheels. Bling factor won out i guess. I keep telling myself it'll improve handling and acceration, but it was really the bling..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts