Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time in about 12 yrs on a bike, I did 4 street drag races tonight. 2 against a 04 Gixxer 1000 and 2 against a 04 R1. Both bikes had sprocket changes and full exhaust.. Suz had Akra, and the R1 had Micron, with PCs.

Suzuki was first, first run was totally uneventful. I got the jump at the start of about a bike length and he never got any closer. Second run was even easier, the guy tried a bit harder and tried to get the jump but just ended up wheeling it. He was never even close.

R1 was a bit more of a challenge, first pass I got the jump again and held about half a bike length the whole way. I messed up on first gear and fully released the clutch too soon and bogged down a bit. Second run was closer at the start, we both left the line at the same time but I had better control and was able to pull a full bike length and a bit by the time I hit 3rd, after that he kept up.

Both guys asked the same thing after we were done.

"Dude, what have you done to your bike?"
Nothing, except a BMC airfilter its all stock with no PC or sprocket changes.

They didnt seem to believe me until I opened up my panels and showed them the sprocket numbers on the side.

Was a real rush to be racing again.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Thats awesome man, way to represent the zx in full force.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Whoopin on that ass!!! [smilie=m:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I can just see it now though R1 & 1000 after losing, "but at least our front wheel won't break." It's like the only thing they can say about our bikes after they get owned [smilie=t: LMAO Congrats on the wins :D

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
awesome makeka. i have had a few literbikes trying to get me to race (even a 636) but i risisted. besides out bikes are made to corner fast. congrats on a perfect record.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
yeah

·
Registered
92 Posts
They didnt seem to believe me until I opened up my panels and showed them the sprocket numbers on the side.

Was a real rush to be racing again.[/quote]

Same happend to me after I whipped a Piped and Tuned Busa with my buddy's Bone Stock 300 miles ZX10 doing 2nd gear roll ons. I whipped him 4 times.. They still to this day beleive the bike had sprockets or motorwork.

I did not even waste my time running him on my ZX10 because its fully modded, of course its still a stoc motor though.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Need it be typed in text for all to read?

The ZX10R is the baddest bike in exisitence today- no other bike is better!

2005 may be interesting- we'll see!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts