Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where's all the kawi love? Go Broc Parkes! He's going to get kawasaki into the to 15 for sure! :dontknow:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Where's all the kawi love? Go Broc Parkes! He's going to get kawasaki into the to 15 for sure! :dontknow:
For some reason, Ive never been Brand loyal in racing, Im not even team loyal, Just loyal to specific drivers/riders.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ive never been brand loyal period . i like a product its because its a GOOD product . Brand loyalty can cloud an issue . ... Back to racing ... CPRdan I gues im not the only NUT. I cant sit down during a close race either . But I dony know who to root for Haga deserves the title , he the underdog and Ducati is the underdog . ( that will get a shit storm brewing lol.. ducati budget much less AND 2 vs 4 cyl , AND out of developement ) On the other side of the coin you want to see a young rising star keep up the career momentum. Plus Yamaha has put in thier dues( read =consistant race funding )

·
Registered
890 Posts
I will certainly be routing for Vermulen. Might even learn to spell his name lol. maybe Kawasaki can learn the term .. consistant race funding.. also lol

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Ive never been brand loyal period . i like a product its because its a GOOD product . Brand loyalty can cloud an issue . ... Back to racing ... CPRdan I gues im not the only NUT. I cant sit down during a close race either . But I dony know who to root for Haga deserves the title , he the underdog and Ducati is the underdog . ( that will get a shit storm brewing lol.. ducati budget much less AND 2 vs 4 cyl , AND out of developement ) On the other side of the coin you want to see a young rising star keep up the career momentum. Plus Yamaha has put in thier dues( read =consistant race funding )
I don't think anyone has mentioned this if I am wrong let me know.

1st- on the USA AMA side I am brand loyal for Kawi but we all know that's a loosing case for us....and if any of you say WHY ...then tell me why it's so important to win on Sunday to sell on Monday. :wink:

2nd- Overseas I forget about Brand Loyalty it's about OUR Riders home bread for me. For example I would of course root for Hacking over Spies or Mladin but overseas you can throw that out it's now about the riders I watched over the years making a jump to take on other competition.

I don't care what team you ride for Overseas period but only the Riders I followed for many years like Spies, the Haydens, Bostroms etc........I already know what they did on home soil but when they go overseas I am on board NO MATTER WHAT THEY RIDE. :wink:

BLOO

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
How can some deserve the title if he does not outright win it?
Haga has matured the last 2 years if you will, dropping his i will win or wreck doing some BANZAI move on someone else. underdog he is not

Ducati spends a shitload of money on WSBK, and well the big benefit they have is the Junior team in who do A LOT of development work and pass their info to the SBK side of things (at least for Bayliss). not an underdog in anyway shape or form with the 1198 but again it is the end of the development cycle for this bike already with current rules as it is restricted due to CC. but rule out Spies and the 1198 would of won almost every race.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I knew I would see clouds on the horizon lol. take no offence . When I say underdog im meaning as in $$$ not will or ability to win . Ducati might spend a shit load of money ,. But the Japanese piles of shit are much higher . As a matter of fact ive been looking to buy a 1098 since Buell was shut down . I have both 1125R and 2 xb12R firebolts .The firebolts are faster than a japanese bike(stock ofcourse) or a ducati but to do so I had to work the engine SO hard its life expectancy is short to say the least . Buell riders are all looking at Ducati for next ride . Ducatis are great bikes but you can see the handwriting on the wall as far as racing is conserned . The powers to be arnt going to allow a displacement increase due to being a twin . The general public just doesnt understand the inherant advantage of having 4cylinders vs a twin . its more than just 2X the power pulses . I am amazed they have been a competitive force in racing this long . And In MotoGp at all . god I have to get some sleep good night / morning

21 - 29 of 29 Posts