1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to get 5e gear lose from the output shaft,the manual says
Set the output shaft in a vertical position holding the 3e gear
Spin the 5e gear quickly and pull it off upward
No way its coming off Im really pissed have to change 4e gear ,but first the 5e gear need to come off
Any one a idee its driving me nuts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hi mate, 5th gear has three small ball bearings which helps it find and stay in neutral. If there not really clean and dry they can be difficult to get into the correct position which is why should spin the 5th using centrifugal force to move the bearings out in there housing. I spray shit loads of brake fluid into and around both sides of the gear directly onto the spline so it can clean off the bearings, after a few minutes give 2-3 minutes work with a high pressure line to hopefully blow all three bearings clean and dry, use the high pressure line at angle on the gear teeth to spin it at high speed hopefully all bearings are now moved to where they should be, however if any of the bearings or the spline grooves or the housing in gear are damaged you are going to have to force the gear out, normally damaging the spline and gear in the process. If you need to force it out hopefully you can get a suitable bearing puller on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, 5th gear has three small ball bearings which helps it find and stay in neutral. If there not really clean and dry they can be difficult to get into the correct position which is why should spin the 5th using centrifugal force to move the bearings out in there housing. I spray shit loads of brake fluid into and around both sides of the gear directly onto the spline so it can clean off the bearings, after a few minutes give 2-3 minutes work with a high pressure line to hopefully blow all three bearings clean and dry, use the high pressure line at angle on the gear teeth to spin it at high speed hopefully all bearings are now moved to where they should be, however if any of the bearings or the spline grooves or the housing in gear are damaged you are going to have to force the gear out, normally damaging the spline and gear in the process. If you need to force it out hopefully you can get a suitable bearing puller on it.
Thanks a lot I give it a try hopefully its works for me ,than I can take all of the gear off and can put a new 4e gear thanks Mate(y)(y)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I have my new 4th gear instald ,bud how can you instal your fith gear with the 3 balls,wow man It driving me crazy some people instal the 5th gear with out the 3 balls is that a option??? I have no clue how I can instal the 5th gear with the 3 balls

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hallo any one,its for me impossible to put 5th gear with the 3 balls on the shaft:mad::mad: with out the 3 balls can I put it in Neutral and will it stay in Neutral????The 3 balls are just for security ??? You can,t put it in 2th gear wen the Bike is not Moving is this the only real reason.Somebody Please

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hallo any one,its for me impossible to put 5th gear with the 3 balls on the shaft:mad::mad: with out the 3 balls can I put it in Neutral and will it stay in Neutral????The 3 balls are just for security ??? You can,t put it in 2th gear wen the Bike is not Moving is this the only real reason.Somebody Please

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yeah it's a pain, I am sorry I didn't reply earlier, its hard but best to fit them dry no assembly grease or oil, a helper or a zip tie that'll hold them in just enough to slide the gear partially over the balls so they can't move, then snip the zip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts