Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I have purchased an used 10R 07 with 4000 Km.
Its an european model. the problem begins when the temperature richs over 80 celsuis on the bike. fi icon and advert lite start to blink. the self diagnose shows code 83 on the board.
it is a oxygen sensor. could you help me?
thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
Oxygen sensor #2 inactivation wiring open or short (Europe Models)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello.
I have purchased an used 10R 07 with 4000 Km.
Its an european model. the problem begins when the temperature richs over 80 celsuis on the bike. fi icon and advert lite start to blink. the self diagnose shows code 83 on the board.
it is a oxygen sensor. could you help me?
thanks

Could be caused by someone running leaded race gas or avgas, the lead coats the o2 sensors causing them to fail.

Dynojet make an eliminator to get rid of the FI light- :wink:

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/powercommander/accessories.htm

A 'closed loop clean air' system is used on some bikes to read the Oxygen sensor (lamda) located in the exhaust pipe and, under certain conditions, temporarily change the air/fuel ratio to the stochiometric value of 14.7:1. This is to provide a chemically efficient burn for low rpm cruising and to aid emissions. The closed loop circuit has a very limited operating range, which is only in effect while holding a steady speed at certain rpm's and throttle positions. Any adjustments to the Power Commander will have no effect in this area, as the bikes system re-adjusts accordingly to 14.7:1. This ratio, while good for the enviroment, creates flat spots and a lack of torgue that is required in certain instances, even in the low rpm area. The Oxygen sensors can be disconnected but this will trip the F.I. warning light on the bikes dash.

Our oxygen sensor kits are used on some European motorcycles that have oxygen sensors. The kit disables the closed loop system and enables the Power Commander to adjust the fuelling in this area. (note - two required for Honda VFR800 models)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts