Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 06 zx10, the previous owner is an idiot and put way to much oil in it, there was 4 quarts to much oil in the bike, it didn't do any major damage from what i can see, it was only ridden about 50 miles with to much oil, its brand new with only 1800 miles. the fI light is blinking when the bike is running, any suggestions?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just bought a 06 zx10, the previous owner is an idiot and put way to much oil in it, there was 4 quarts to much oil in the bike, it didn't do any major damage from what i can see, it was only ridden about 50 miles with to much oil, its brand new with only 1800 miles. the fI light is blinking when the bike is running, any suggestions?

WOW, a full gallon of oil on top of the gallon it's suppose to have? It's a wonder it even ran. FI light on, no ideas.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
GO to your mileage (odometer) and then hit the 'reset' button for 2 seconds, it'll pop a code, reference that # with the service manual and you will know what the ECU is bitching about. Thats how we do it on the 08s anyway, should be the same.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GO to your mileage (odometer) and then hit the 'reset' button for 2 seconds, it'll pop a code, reference that # with the service manual and you will know what the ECU is bitching about. Thats how we do it on the 08s anyway, should be the same.
thanks a lot, way more help than "count the blink man"

·
Registered
265 Posts
hey dude.. thought i'd throw this out there too.. i have full akra exhaust on my bike.. my FI light came on recently as well.. turned out that its the butterfly valve module which is no longer necessary to have w/ aftermarket exhaust. but do as spikespiegel said and you can get the exact code, then look it up! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts