Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little something interesting.... I've been having my FI light come on intermitently (coonass spelling) for the past 2-3 weeks. No loss of power at all and every connector has been checked and double checked. Today, post dyno tuning, the FI light has not come on at all. I road about 45 miles this evening. I know the bike does not have a closed loop system so it wouldn't seam that it would be able to sense the overly rich condition I had it in, could it? Or maybe it "thought" it had a fuel injector problem? I'm going to keep an eye on it, as it may reoccur. It's got me scrating my head. I had every intention of using the self diagnostics this evening, but if I read the manual correctly, if there's no light, then the error self clears.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My fi light was coming on while it was parked with the key out, and you could hear the exhaust servo motor turning. Turns out some moisture collected in the wire harness gang power connector under the left side of the seat that was making the connection between some always hot wires and the servo. Cleared it out and packed with grease and never had the problem again.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
My fi light was coming on while it was parked with the key out, and you could hear the exhaust servo motor turning. Turns out some moisture collected in the wire harness gang power connector under the left side of the seat that was making the connection between some always hot wires and the servo. Cleared it out and packed with grease and never had the problem again.
I made the mistake once of mounting the solenoid for a nitorus system upside down. Never occured to me it would act like a cup. 1 washing to many and one morning I come down stairs to hear the solenoid cutting on and off. Was glad the bottle valve was off. Even further glad this didn't happen with the motor running and the bottle valve open. Kaboom.

+ current from the main lead was shorting to the coil thru the water and activating the solenoid.

Those moisture problems can be a bitch.

To the original poster, the code doesn't self clear. The FI light will clear but the code will remain in the ECU forever. A kawi dealer can download the code history, even if the FI light is not flashing at the moment. Takes a special tool they have though.

JJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts