Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guy told me today at the dealers that I have error 35 which he said was a fault with my key and that I should use the spare...... anyhow got home and tried the spare key and it's no different.

Basically it start no problem, rides perfectly but when I stop I can't restart for at least 5 mins, tonight 30 mins ! as the FI light flashes and the fuel pump doesn't kick in.......

Has anyone else had a similar problem ? maybe there's water in the electrics somewhere ? I did get caught in torrential rain recently and the problem started a few days later......

maybe the amplifier has a fault itself ? can these be easily replaced by the dealer?:dontknow:

p.s. It's an 05 10R in UK with 1800 miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
quick question have you ever had the tank off my mate took his tank of his 636 had the same problems had to take it to his dealer to get it checked out

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
The fault is the immobilizer amplifier. (The North American models don't have that.)

The inspection procedure is on page 3-77 of the workshop manual. You really need the manual to get through this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the spare key and there's still a problem, but only once the bikes been riden which is weird........ I phoned the dealer and was told that Kawasaki will have to recover it and there's nothing that the dealer can do to fix it !

I'm frustrated to say the least as I know it's a 20 min job !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
has anyone else experienced this ?

I've got a gear indicator and a meta alarm fitted by the way.......

Bike still starts from cold every time but after it's warm it almost needs 20 mins to 'cool down' and then the fuel pump will work and off we go......

:dontknow:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GoFaster said:
The fault is the immobilizer amplifier. (The North American models don't have that.)

The inspection procedure is on page 3-77 of the workshop manual. You really need the manual to get through this.
any ideas on where I can download a manual, I found an FTP site but it doesn't work for some reason....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts