Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I got this weird problem. I got me a new (used) scorpion slip on for my '04 ninja, mounted it today and the bike won't start. Tried lots of times to start it, but it won't ignite and also to FI light is lit constantly. Another thing, I hear this strange subtle clicking noise from time to time while trying to ignite it.
Funny enough, I mounted back the original exhaust and it still won't start.
Now, I haven't started it yet this year before putting on the slip on but last year the bike ran perfectly, none problems whatsoever - that was three months ago, before the winter.
Any feedback appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
is ur fuel pump priming when u turn the key on?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
The clicking noise makes me think battery. Is the motor turning over at all?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, it turns, I almost drained the battery... The clicking noise happens randomly while it's turning, it seems to be coming from under the tank or so..

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
is ur fuel pump priming when u turn the key on?

Hahaha!!! Hey cat have you had a simular problem??? lol

Yes, it turns, I almost drained the battery... The clicking noise happens randomly while it's turning, it seems to be coming from under the tank or so..
The clicking noise is probably your exhaust servor moving, which is more than likely your FI light problem. What did you do with the servo wires?? The servo motor will start going out and eventually die which will cause your FI light to stay on.. Now you have to be very certain that the fuel pump is priming when you turn the key on and not just turning your guages and everything on.. Also if your trying to start it in gear a bad kickstand switch along with a bad clutch switch could cause this problem too..

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Hahaha!!! Hey cat have you had a simular problem??? lol

The clicking noise is probably your exhaust servor moving, which is more than likely your FI light problem. What did you do with the servo wires?? The servo motor will start going out and eventually die which will cause your FI light to stay on.. Now you have to be very certain that the fuel pump is priming when you turn the key on and not just turning your guages and everything on.. Also if your trying to start it in gear a bad kickstand switch along with a bad clutch switch could cause this problem too..
y yes...yes I have good sir. I knew it could've been servo or Batt from clicking but was aiming toward the one that would stop it from starting but yea servo will do it. Did u check fuses either?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i made the self-diagnostic and the error code is 23 - camshaft possion sensor

PROBLEM IS SOLVED.i find the camshaft possion sensonr connectors - sprinkled it with contact spray and then turn the key on, fi light on but i try the ignite anyway and then the bike start fi light off and everything is fine
10x for the help anyway.Greethings from Bulgaria :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts